Chapter Fourteen

Sorry guys for not posting for a few days, I had a job interview for 3.75 more an hour and I got the job so I had to put in my notice and I've been working and just life and ugh

Anyways, here's another chapter. If any of you are confused about where the story is, message me and I'll try to clarify what's going on, I know it's been a a few months since I've regularly posted

_______

The grass runs beneath my feet as the swing moves back and forth slowly. I shut my eyes and I swear for a moment, I can smell the sea. I can feel the sand covering my feet as the waves lap over them, and my mind takes me back to when I was eight years old.

"Savannah!" Aiden comes running over to me with William right behind him, dumping his sand pale on the blanket in front of me.

"Oh Aiden honey, don't pour the sand on the blanket!" Mrs. Hendricks exclaims.

"Sorry Mommy!" Aiden giggles.

Mrs. Cabraro smiles at the three of us and looks at Mrs. Hendricks and my Momma.

"Silly kids," she smiles, her blue-grey eyes twinkling as she watches us.

I push a sandy lock of blonde hair behind my ear and look excitedly at my two best friends.

"Look! Oh no, it's getting away!" William squeals, pointing at the sea creature with the shell on it's back.

"A hermit crab!" I exclaim excitedly, darting up from my spot on the blanket, accidentally shooting sand all over it as the three of us chase after it with our arms extended.

I pick up the hermit crab, squealing at the feeling of him in my hands as the three of us run towards the ocean.

I stand in front of them with our crabby as William and Aiden dig a sand moat for the crab to play in.

When the small sand walls are secure, I set the cabby in it and watch him waddle around the sand and river we made for him.

I sit down with my bottom in the sand, right where the waves wash up.

"Where did you find him?" I ask them with wide eyes.

"Aiden found him over there!" William points behind us. I lie down on my belly with my chin in my hands and watch the crabby play.

"What should we name him?" Aiden asks.

"Hoaloha," I tell them.

"That's dumb." William wrinkles his nose.

"No it's not!" I exclaim. "Hoa means friend and Aloha means hello and googbye!" I stick my tongue out at him.

Aiden smiles excitedly. "I like it. Let's name him Hoaloha."

"Okay, I guess it's not that bad." William says.

Hoaloha starts climbing at the walls and I grin and pick him up, setting him on the other side.

He scurries away and the three of us sit there and watch him until he's out of sight.

"You guys are my bestest friends ever." William says. ". It means forever, because that's how long we're going to be bestest friends."

My mind launches back to reality when I feel hands on my thighs. I snap my eyes onto warm blue-grey ones in front of me and suddenly I'm staring into the same eyes of the boy who said Hoaloha was a stupid name.