Chapter Sixteen

We all sat around and talked. I ended up shifting over to Isabelle and Sofie because Liam and Aiden were talking about their teenage years and everything they missed from each others lives and I didn't feel like listening to them talk about their early teens because I spent my early teens locked up. It does make me happy to see them talking and laughing with each other. They both keep looking over at me and it makes me curious to hear what they're laughing about.

The moment I had reached Sofie, she made me tell her everything about my conversation with Aiden and I was very careful not to mention my kidnapping in front of Isabelle, or anything personal about Aiden's life that he probably doesn't want everyone to know.

Isabelle looks over at Liam and Aiden and I frown. She's done that a million times in since I moved over here forty five minutes ago.

I exchange a look with Sofie and then look at Isabelle, who is just outright staring.

"Which one of them is Liam?" she asks me.

I look over my shoulder at Liam and Aiden.

"Grey t-shirt, black jeans." I say. "The one with his back to us. Why?" I turn back to Isabelle.

"Just curious," she says, picking at the tab of her coke.

"Do you, like, like him?" Sofie asks. She's always been so protective and I can tell her talons are about to come out.

"What? No, I was just asking because I wanted to make sure he wasn't the other guy." She mumbles. Her cheeks turn red.

I raise my eyebrows.

"You mean the one Liam's talking to?" I whisper at her.

"Yes, alright? He's really cute. Is he married or something? That's his kid, right?" she gestures towards Leilani, who's playing with Eloise.

"Wait, you like Aiden?"

"His name is Aiden?" she asks. "How do you know him?"

"We grew up together." I say.

Oh my god, I should set them up.

"I'll be right back." I grin mischievously and get up.

"Savannah, no!" she whisper shouts.

"Just let it happen." Sofie pats Isabelle's arm. I grin at them over my shoulder and then walk over to Liam and Aiden. I sit down next to Liam and clasp my hands together, grinning like a madman at Aiden.

"What?" he asks me.

"Are you ready to date again after Elicia, or are you waiting?"

"Why?" he asks me.

"Just answer the question." I reply.

"I mean...obviously I'd like to date, but I clearly have a bad judge of character seeing who my ex wife is, so I just don't. I don't want to bring something toxic around Leilani."

"But what if, say...I brought you somebody who isn't toxic?" I ask.

"Are you trying to set him up right now?" Liam asks me.

"Possibly." I reply. "But would you date long distance?"

"I don't know. Who is it?" he asks.

"A friend of mine."

"I don't know if I really want long distance." He says. "I'm kind of looking for something serious. Leilani deserves a motherly figure."

"I don't disagree with you, but it could start out long distance and then one of you could move-"