The Savior of Metro City, Astro

Astro let out a small groan as he sat up, the hatchet on his chest barely hanging off his chest. Before he could react, he was tackled to to the ground by a pair of familiar faces and he smiled.

"Sludge! Widget! Zane, Cora!" Astro exclaimed as he sat up. His friends smiled tearfully at him, relieved that he was safe and sound. Astro was then engulfed in a massive group hug as a giant wave of emotions fell over him.

Astro's lower lip quivered as he struggled to hold in his tears of joy. He had won against the peacekeeper, and everything could return back to the way it was. Astro broke away from the hug and turned towards a girl who rocked the punk look. She had her arms over her chest as she gave Astro a lopsided smile.

Astro returned her smile and opened his arms. Cora's eyes widened. Tears then rolled down her cheeks and she dove right into his arms. Astro chuckled as he hugged the slightly older girl. It was definitely nice to be on good terms with her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From among the rubble, President Stone emerged. His hair was mess as he stumbled over the multiple piles of debris.

"I'm the president!" He exclaimed, having obviously lost his mind. Nobody paid him any mind as they all rushed towards Astro.

Throughout this moment of confusion, relief and other riling emotions, a hand shot out from the debris. An arm soon followed along with the rest of his body.

Toby shook the dust from his matted hair and he looked around with wide blood shot eyes. What had happened? One moment he's in the ministry of science and next thing he's here!

Toby heard an incoherent muttering and glanced beside him to see president stone muttering nonsense to himself. Toby pulled a face and crawled back. The rock underneath his hand then slipped, causing the rest of his body to follow after. Toby let out a startled cry as his body tumbled down the small pile of debris.

His body hit almost every rock and he rolled a few ways away from the pile, his cuts and bruises stinging to the point he actually wanted to cry. He forced himself to come to a stop and shakily pulled himself up to his knees.

"Argh," he hissed in pain as a splotch of blood began to form on his right upper arm. Toby gripped his injured arm tightly and carried himself to his feet. "D-Dad?" He called out with one eye clenched shut. As he attempted to roll up his sleeve to assess the cut, a voice called out to him, or so he thought.

"Toby!" Toby's eyes widened and he whipped his head around as a smile formed on his face.

"Dad!" His face fell when he saw another boy jump into the arms of HIS father. Toby furrowed his brow in confusion as his father hugged the boy tightly, as if he was his own son.

"W-wha?" Toby breathed as he took a small step forwards while holding his injured arm. He was then knocked back to the ground by a small boy who had run past him. He gave a low moan in pain as he rolled onto his side, carefully holding the injured spot on his arm. His arm had to be broken.

Tears stung his eyes as he gritted his teeth and sat up. He then looked back to his father and took a closer look at the boy. The boy sported the exact same hair style as Toby would usually have and even had the same height and body type. The most fascinating thing he found about the boy however was his face. It was identical to his!

Toby's father smiled down at the boy as he gripped him by the shoulders tightly.

"Welcome back, son." Toby felt his chest tighten and his eyes went wide with shock. The boy smiled and nodded his head while the rest of his friends surrounded him, laughing.