The Girl With Strange Tattoos

Toby awoke to muffled voices surrounding him, giving him even more of a headache. His body felt hot and heavy, but at least he was dry. Somewhat. Sweat practically poured out of every pore in his body as he laid there, unmoving. He didn't even have then energy to move.

Something cool was placed on his head, helping ease the pain in his head. Water then trickled down from the damp cloth and fell into the corners of his eyes. Toby's face scrunched together and he forced his eyes open. He winced at the sudden light, but quickly grew used to it. Thankfully it was a low light source.

Through squinted eyes, Toby made an attempt to take in his surroundings. Velvet curtains were draped all around the fairly small room, blocking out any sunlight that threatened to spill into the room. Posters and flyers of a circus stained the walls, and an old carpet was laid out across the wooden floors.

The room itself wasn't too small, nor too large. The curtains connected to the bed he laid on were drawn, giving him full view of the people around him. They seemed to be engrossed in a serious conversation.

Suddenly, he felt a cool hand to his forehead, making him jump slightly. A light gasp sounded above him.

"You're awake...!" A soft voice whispered. Toby tilted his head slightly and he saw a girl standing over him with worried E/C eyes. Her H/c H/l hair framed her face ever so perfectly, and some strands of it slid forwards with every movement she made. Draped over her shoulders was a brown cloak, hiding her figure.

As he stared up at you, this put a smile on your face and you took back your hand. Toby frowned at the loss of the cool touch and he reached up and grabbed your wrist, surprising you. Your eyes widened and you stared at his hand which gripped yours tightly.

Toby snapped out of it and took his hand back.

"S-sorry." He croaked. Everyone turned towards him and their eyes widened. A man with long platinum blonde hair tied behind him smiled down at the young lad and he crouched down beside his bed.

"Finally awake, how did you sleep, little man?" Jack asked. Toby stared at the man with the prosthetic face and only nodded.

"I...slept alright." With weak arms, he made an attempt to sit up. A sudden wave of nausea then hit him and he slapped his hand over his mouth as he clenched his eyes shut tightly. You gently nudged him back down onto the bed while Jack readied a bucket for the poor boy.

"You shouldn't move, you need more rest." You warned. Toby only nodded and he allowed you to push him back. Jack sat on the ground and propped his arm onto the bed while you hurried out of the room to grab more medicine.

Beside the older man, a young boy held a curious look on his face. His piercing blue eyes connected with his brown ones as he stared him down. Toby averted his gaze and he gripped the blanket tightly.

With a heavy sigh, Jack turned towards the young boy and he prodded him in the head.

"Dale, stop staring. You're creeping him out." He deadpanned. Dale let out a small giggle and he shied back.

"Heh heh! Sorry about that. I was just curious! I mean, he's been sleeping for a whole week! It's weird." He exclaimed. Toby barely managed to register his words and his eyes steadily widened.

It wasn't long before you came back into the room with an armful of medicine bottles and spoons. The moment you laid eyes on the pair pestering Toby, you frowned and ushered the two boys out.

"Go on. He doesn't need this much stress. You two can come back in once he's feeling better." You scolded like a doting mother as you shoved the two boys out. Jack and Dale let out noises of complaint as you shut the door in their faces.