A Forced Problem

Toby eyed Astro warily as the two stood before each other. The atmosphere between the two was tense, and Toby's patience was waning. Astro pressed his lips into a thin line and his eyes finally broke from his.

"Huh, I'm surprised the girl with tattoos didn't come here." Astro began, having a go at starting a conversation with his 'twin'.

"Her name is Y/n, and there's no way I'm making her apart of this. Now, why did you call me here?" Toby questioned and raised an inquiring eyebrow at him. Astro frowned at the immediate answer and sighed.

"Look...we need to talk."

"And we are."

"I..." Astro's eyes widened as he became at a loss for words. What was happening? He had everything he wanted to say planned out, but for some reason now that he was standing before him, he couldn't find the right words to say. Toby tapped his foot against the soft green grass with impatience and rolled his eyes.

"If you have nothing to say then I'm leaving." He said and made a turn for the city. Astro saw this and his eyes widened.

"Wait, don't go! I need to tell you how I feel!" He cried and pulled Toby back by the arm. Toby's eyes widened and he turned towards Astro with a grim expression. Astro realised what he had said and cleared his throat. "Not like that. I need to tell you how I feel about this whole situation." He corrected himself.

Toby's face immediately fell and he turned his head to the side. He then ripped his arm out of Astro's grip and stepped away from him.

"I don't want to talk about it." Astro frowned and took a step towards him.

"But we need to sort this out!"

"What is there to sort out!? Isn't everyone happy? So why do we need to do anything?" Toby yelled and turned to Astro angrily. Astro visibly tensed up, and he faltered greatly.

"Toby-"

"No, just stop! You already have everything you could ask for, so why bother me? What else do you want from me!?" Toby yelled as he turned his back to his look-a-like. Astro's fingers curled into fists and he breathed in through his nose.

"Toby, I don't think you're being fair to me." Astro started off and looked him straight in the eye. Toby was taken back by this and he stared at him, perplexed.

"What?"

"It's true that I replaced you and took your name, but you can't blame me for any of that. You don't even know me, so why are you treating me like the bad guy? All you've done is hate me without even getting to understand me. I'm not you, but you act like I'm trying to be."

"Because you are! You-"

"I'm not you! See!? This is what I mean! You won't even let me speak!" Astro shouted as he took a step towards Toby, making him step back in fear. Astro saw this, and stopped. He then shook his head. He had to say his piece. "The moment I was created, I was a disappointment to our father. He threw me out and I was forced to live on the surface in constant fear for being a robot. Everybody, they wanted to see me as you, but they never saw me for myself."

Toby watched on in silence as Astro continued to rant about the troubles he had experienced during his time as a robot. Tears soon welled in Astro's eyes and he breathed out a heavy breath.

"It's not fair, being denied of who I am. Nobody accepts me for....me. They'll only accept me if I do some good deed for them. Even my friends still refuse to admit that I'm a robot. Yeah, they say they recognise me as one, but to them, I'm a human who happens to have the skin of a robot. I was hoping that you would be different, but I was wrong..." He whispered.