Chapter 1: Angel Attack

Hey! So, this is something that I decided to do. While writing Chapter 21, I also decided to start rewriting some of the early chapters of this story, as some of them aren't as up to par as the current chapters. So, they will be completely rewritten, with some new scenes and extra content, as well as rewriting the already existing scenes. These will be released alongside new chapters, and will only cover up to around Chapter 13-15ish. The Chapters covering the first four episodes are definitely being rewritten, but after that there'll be some slight edits, but probably not worth a complete re-read unless I note otherwise.

The main thing here was incorporating more of the Manga, and using Rebuild as a base as well. I only actually started using the Manga and Rebuild alongside the anime around Chapter 10, when I started work on Episode 5, so now that we have that, there's some juicy new scenes here! But the main thing was updating what was already there as well.

Chapter 2 will be updated alongside the release of Chapter 22, so look forward to it!

Original AN: Welcome to Little Angel! The basic premise? The Angels become shoulder angels that help our favourite messed up in the head pilots as they progress in the series. This story will follow the Anime primarily, but I will include elements from Rebuild, and possibly the Manga (I've still yet to read it).

Because of Shinji's impressive record, Asuka gets Gaghiel, half of Israfel, Sandalphon and Sahaquiel. Rei gets Arael and Armisael. And the Bridge Crew at NERV gets Ireul. However, the shoulder Angels CAN be seen by anyone, as such, more hilarity ensues. (This is different to the original version, in which only the pilots, and anyone else who defeated them could see them.)

Music: Will be displayed using Italics displaying the Soundtrack and Track number throughout the chapters. If more than one track exists, pick one.

-.-

July 15th, 2015

It was a calm day that morning. To the young teenage boy who stood staring up at the sun like he usually did, this was a normal day. Nothing about this day spelt anything unusual. And yet, the boy felt strange, like something was supposed to happen. Yet nothing had changed. He'd gone to school, he'd been bullied, he'd been called the fatherless kid repeatedly. He'd gotten tired of it. Nothing changed. He thought that maybe the other kids could come up with something better than the fatherless kid, yet they never did.

He'd been told off by his Aunt and Uncle for hours at a time. He'd usually get detention because he'd get really annoyed with all of them. He'd become known as the fatherless kid who had quite the temper. He hated it.

'It reminds me of father.' The boy thought as he continued to stare at the sky. Today was just like any other day. Nothing changed. 'So, why do I feel different? Like something should be happening?' He thought, turning back towards his Aunt and Uncle's house. The usual type of thing. His Aunt and Uncle were waiting inside as the boy sat down for the evening.

Dinner was a rather unusual affair. Usually the room was silent. Talk didn't usually happen. Yet today was different. The boy knew the day would be different.

"Shinji?" The boy, Shinji, glanced up at his aunt as he picked at his food. "How was your day?"

"It was fine." Shinji replied, taking a bite of his food. "Nothing I haven't encountered before."

"Shinji, you know that those kids don't know what they're talking about." Shinji's Uncle said. "But you can't keep retaliating like that."

"Nothing changes. It's the same every time. Yeah, they don't know it, but it's true. My father abandoned me and left me once my mother died. He gave you the money and the burden of dealing with me. Because of all this, I have no friends. No one wants to be friends with the kid who was abandoned by his father." Shinji's Aunt glanced at her husband, the two adults sharing a small look. Shinji glanced up, wondering what his guardians were glancing at each other. "What is it?"