Chapter 5: A Transfer

Despite the Chapter title, Episode 3's adaption does not start here. Considering the title, I thought it would be better to use it here rather then later, as Shinji will already have transfered in. 

Anyway, got some comedy and Sachiel and Shinji moments for you all. Also, Misato, being irresponsible! And the introduction of some more characters!

-.-

July 27th, 2015

Shinji was not looking forward to going to school. He thought that, considering the job he had, he wouldn't have to go to school. But, to him at least, life still hated him so much that he had to get through the boringness that was his first day at school in Tokyo-3. Wanting to just get the day over with, he had already made his lunch and was out the door before Misato could even chug down an entire beer. (Because he wasn't going to deal with a drunk Misato who would attempt to cook him something, as he knew that was a recipe for disaster.)

On the walk to school, Shinji thought about his first week in Tokyo-3. Arriving because of a request from his father, on arrival being quickly pulled into combat against an Angel, that was now, for reasons Sachiel hadn't told him yet, sitting in Misato's apartment wondering about the wonders of human life. Said battle against said Angel putting him into a coma for days afterward. On waking up, finding out Sachiel hadn't really died and was going to stick around for a while. Misato taking him in after she found out he was to live on his own, and now... school.

Shinji walked into the local high school as silently as possible, trying to take all attention away from himself. Unfortunately, that didn't work, rumours were already going around about him, and he'd only been at the school for mere minutes. It was not a coincidence that a new transfer student had arrived merely a week after a giant other-wordly being attacked the city.

Heading towards the main building, Shinji started to look for his classroom, a 2-A. It didn't take him long to find, as he silently entered, not many people were there, everyone was either still arriving, or were waiting around outside to meet up with friends. Two people were in the room however, Rei, her blue hair matching the sky outside quite closely, sat staring out the window. While she had healed quite a bit over the past week that Shinji had spent exploring Tokyo-3 or enjoying Misato's company at the apartment, no matter how immature she could be, her arm was still in a cast. Also notable, was that she was staring out the window, towards... whatever she was looking at.

The other person in the room, a girl with brown hair settled into pigtails, and freckles lining her face, was busy making her way towards Shinji, having noticed the boy enter the classroom. "Hi! Welcome to Tokyo-3 High! I'm Hikari Horaki, the class representative. You must be the new transfer student?"

"Uh... yeah." Shinji replied, "I'm Shinji Ikari."

"Good to meet you, Shinji. It's nice to get some new students around here, considering that recently lots of people have moved out because of the attacks from a couple weeks ago." Hikari supplied as she led Shinji into the room, Shinji himself started to feel a lot more comfortable in the girl's presence, making him think he might be able to make a friend for the first time in his life. "Anyway, there's an empty space here," Hikari said, indicating to a desk about mid-way through the classroom, "If you need any help with anything, just let me know, okay?"

"Thanks."

"No problem!" Hikari gave a small smile before the class started to fill up with more students ready to start to school day. Shinji's thoughts on just how nice Hikari was being to him made him momentarily forget about his experiences in school before his father called him to Tokyo-3, but at the classroom filling up, and everyone staring at him because he was the "new kid", made him remember those horrible experiences from the years before.