Out With the New

"I hope you're up for a taste of the millennial age, 47. You are being sent to Numbani to take out your three targets, Hana Song, Lucio Correia dos Santos, and Orisa. Hana Song is a well-known Twitch streamer, and part of Korea's defenses against omnic attacks. Lucio is a music artist, famous for rallying people to rebel against Vishkar. Orisa is the invention of Efi, the child inventor.

"Our client, an Omnic War veteran, has been wronged by the two main targets. He supported Vishkar in public statements in its entirety, but people taking part in Lucio's rebellion against Vishkar turned to crime against him. They besmirched his name, vandalized his home, and attacked his granddaughter. Hana Song only added fuel to this fire, accusing him of war crimes during the Omnic Crisis live on streams.

"Lucio and Hana are preparing to perform live at a concert in Numbani at a crossover event, meant to raise charity for discriminated omnics. Our client also wishes to eliminate the new defender of Numbani, Orisa, as she contains doctored evidence going against him. The only way to destroy it is by killing the omnic. I will now leave you to prepare."

...

The train came to a smooth stop. Out poured civilians, tourists, and one hitman. Already, on tall Numbani skyscrapers, he could see large banners with Hana and Lucio plastered on it. The date that it would begin, two days from now, was labeled boldly on the bottom. Above the date read "Lucio and Hana performing live!"

"Welcome to Numbani, 47," greeted Diana. "Orisa will be found near the area of the concert. Lucio can be found in his makeshift Numbani studio—the museum—where Hana may also be residing."

As 47 trotted down the sidewalk, the city buzzed with life. Humans and omnics played and touched and held each other. Children ran aside 47, living the childhood he never had.

He would have envied them if he could.

Agent 47 was now among the crowd that stood behind the crowd control barriers blocking off the museum. The concert was going to be held on the stairs to the museum, and so it was closed off for now. The barriers went around the perimeter in a square shape, using each building as a point. (Perimeter being the last point in Numbani)

Enforcers helped keep the crowd at bay, and with them was Orisa, the centaur-omnic.

"Please stay behind the barrier!"

"That is Orisa," Diana buzzed in. "Byproduct of the wrecked OR-15s, courtesy of Efi. I'm curious to see how you're going to deal with her, with eyes everywhere like this."

Agent 47 watched her movement for some time. Orisa patrolled the inner perimeter of the barriers. Any attempt to eliminate her silently and unnoticed would be impossible under these circumstances. Agent 47 would have to find something to use against the omnic at a later time.

From hindsight, breaking in appeared impossible as well. The entrances through the left were blocked off. The only ways inside the museum were guarded with police, and the crowd would act as witnesses if he did manage to get behind the barriers.

The most viable option was the right flank, through a two-story building that provided plenty of cover. The police guarding it were also letting in curators and dubstep artists.

Agent 47 turned around to see an elderly curator leaning against the railing on a small balcony. A cup of coffee was in one hand, while he heavily scrutinized the event taking place at his museum. Clearly, he had a distaste in modern music and interests.

Agent 47 ran up the staircase, drawing little attention. The curator wasn't alone up there, as two other historians accompanied him. They sat inside the small room, speaking to each other, mindless of whoever could hear them.