The Eyes of London

A/N: Oh, it is good to be back! I'm sorry I was away for so long, but I was suffering from major writer's block. Let's just get to the chapter!

"This just in, reports from all around the world have surfaced; reports that Overwatch has made a return, and has resorted to global terrorist attacks. Info of the attacks was disclosed by government officials. Whether it's an act of revenge against Petra's Act or another cynical reason—"

Soldier 76 shut off the TV, leaning forward on the desk.

"Without Mei, it's been impossible to lay low," Winston said, "especially if you keep carrying out these needless killing sprees!"

Soldier 76 clenched his hands tighter on the desk.

"At this point, 47 has killed less than you!"

He flung around. "Then how do you propose we fight this... thing? This machine that killed Talon; that is killing us!"

Winston smirked, cleaning his glasses. "Permission to take over control?"

So that was his plan.

"You take over this mission, then. We will see how much you can change things," said Jack, leaving the room.

...

"Welcome to King's Row, 47, a place where tensions between omnic and man have never been higher. Today marks the anniversary of Mondatta's assassination, so expect crowds of hundreds among the streets and CIA to respond to any threat.

"The anonymous contact has supplied new information. You are the target of their newest task force: The Eyes of London, led by Lena Oxton and most recently, Genji Shimada. Assisting him is Lena Oxton, codename Tracer. Swift and lively, she has managed to elude almost everyone she has battled. These two are responsible for most of our casualties, so please avenge them however you see fit.

"Genji has based himself in the omnic Underworld, where he is most likely keeping the director. As for Tracer, she is around King's Row, with orders to shoot on sight. She shouldn't be hard to spot. Not only that, but they have placed several undercover agents around the town looking for you. This battle of us and Overwatch has gone on long enough, and the death count has severely risen. I feel that the end is near, and I'm looking forward to it."

...

"Men and omnics alike! Three years ago today, on this very spot, the assassin's bullet shot and killed our beloved Mondatta. He was a brother to us all, even to those who rejected his teachings. He is now at peace with the Iris, but his words will forever live with us. I happily give to you, Tekhartha Zenyatta, brother to Mondatta, and the face of spiritual equity!"

Amid the cheering crowd, a man tapped into his earpiece. "Ground level is clear. The target has not been spotted yet."

From a rooftop, a man with a sniper rifle tapped in. "Rooftops are empty."

A woman tapped in. "Looking out of my apartment. No sign of the target."

"Tracer here. The metro system is clear. I mean, it's full of people, but no train's coming in, now is it?"

"Ground Eye Gamma here. Streets are clean."

At a bus stop, another was counting the passengers departing from each bus. "If 47 comes from the bus, he'll have to go through me, and I can assure you nobody gets past me and my visor."

The Eye tapped his glasses, and the lens began scanning each person with a target picture on the side. It was essentially a dumbed-down tactical visor meant for identifying a target in a thick crowd.