Rise and Shatter

A/N: I forgot entirely about the backstory I set up back in "Out With the New." Now, I set up a more interesting backstory that totally conflicts with that. I fixed it, now, so know that this is the official backstory I will not forget about.

Also, this took forever to write. I'm not as inspired as I used to, but I will NEVER abandon a fanfiction!

Morrison sighed, planting himself at the dusty desk. He opened up a file on the monitor, swiping through until he found the roster of every agent.

"Status report from Nepal?" he asked Ana as she walked in.

"Sojourn is gone. Genji is just barely alive."

"Mm... she knew what she was fighting for, and its risks," he answered. "And the hitman?"

"Nobody even knew he was there until he and the prisoner escaped."

Ana walked to the back, while Morrison studied each profile to the sound of her pouring tea.

"I know you've already made up your mind, but is it wise to trust Sombra?"

Soldier 76 groaned. "No, it isn't. But right now, she's the best chance we have with killing 47."

"47. That's all that's on your mind, now. Even when Talon is gone..."

"I told you, Ana. Retirement doesn't suit someone like me."

"Jack, I know he killed McCree and Sojourn, but think about who actually started this fight."

"Who actually started this fight?!" Morrison slid the chair back, and it fell with a hard crash. "What are you saying?"

"Jesse may have died under mysterious circumstances, but you never did like him. You never would've cared much even if he had feelings for you. Yet, here you are..."

Ana took a sip of her tea, her back still facing the soldier. "Jack, you led 47 to kill Sojourn. By capturing Smith, you forced a rescue mission to be staged, by none other than the man you're so obsessed with."

"Your point?"

"You started fighting the ICA because of Mr. 47, without thinking about who hired him. Your actions are far more hastily stirred than I remember you, for." She placed the mug down on the counter, turning to Jack. "This is personal."

His red visor glistened in the shade. "You don't know what he's capable of. You never made a terrible mistake as I have."

After some thinking, Ana's eyes lit up in remembrance. "That doctor, Ortmeyer, was it about him?"

Soldier 76 nodded. "He was part of the Blackwatch program, secretly hired by Reyes. He... took children, and turned them into highly trained assassins, much like Widowmaker. I found out when tensions were rising up in Overwatch, and in that stress, I allowed it in hopes of taking out some high profile criminal."

Ana sat down on the counter and motioned for him to continue.

"That was until I learned what they were capable of, and how they operated. I wasn't thinking straight. I-I ordered everything to be burned down, including the children. Ortmeyer was imprisoned until his execution, and the children all died. At least that's what I thought until Sombra came."

"Jack!" Winston shouted, bursting into the room.

"Diana has spilled. Not only do we have the travel routes and locations of every high-ranking official in the ICA, but we have detailed files on their security and safe houses!"

"How? She managed to resist our interrogators," Morrison said.

"Everything can be hacked. And everyone," Sombra piped up, appearing behind them.