Party Favor by Billie Eilish

Am I really bad?

I've recalled the day I have sent you a voicemail on your birthday to ask if you've got a minute to have a serious talk, after that I blocked your number.

I just can't have the courage to tell you that I've fallen out of love with this relationship-with you. No, you didn't do anything. Don't you ever feel bad for yourself just because I've decided to break the connections that we have.

It's not you, it's me and all the other bullshit.

It has been three days since I have sent you the voicemail, and I feel bad for whatever your reaction was.

By the time you started thinking about what happened, I just hope you'd understand. Believe me or not, I didn't replace you with another guy. I just came to the point where I couldn't find the same man I've loved since day one.

But you know what, it feels so good to finally express my emotions without facing you. I can't personally tell you that I wanted to break up with you, because I can't have you seeing me crying while saying those words.

Hate me for doing it, but it's for our own good. Call me selfish, I'm fine with that.

Just don't mishear all the explanations I've said to you. Someday, you'll find a better one, better than me. Please, search for a girl that will never ruin your day.

It's just, I'm not your party favor.