2 + Super Soldier = LOVE

Glitter, glue, pipe cleaners, pom-poms, craft paper, buttons, lollipop sticks - you name it, it was there all over the kitchen table when Steve walked into the apartment that he shared with you and your son, Toby.
Steve let out a soft sigh as he entered the kitchen, gently placing his hands on Toby's so he didn't scare him. "Hey, bud."
"Steve! You're home!" Toby beamed as he turned in his chair and gave Steve a quick hug.
Steve chuckled. "What's with the mess?" he asked, ruffling his hair.
"I'm making, Valentine's cards." he smiled looking up to Steve.
Steve sighed deeply, only just realising he hadn't got you anything. "For, tomorrow." he stated, receiving an excited nod from your son.
He was screwed. He'd been working none stop, he'd forgot all about Valentine's Day and he couldn't just go out and get you anything, he had to watch Toby. You were still at work for at least two more hours and he'd just sent the baby sitter home. He could ask Mrs Henderson  to watch him, but that would mean disturbing her night and making Toby clean up.
"I made this for you." Toby tapped Steve's hand with a piece of paper. "It's not as good as what you do, but, mom will like it." he shrugged.
Steve took what Toby had just offered him and sat down before opening it up. He began chuckling. "Thanks kid, but, I think I should probably do something myself."
Toby nodded with a deep sigh. "Yeah, you're probably right, mom would see right through us, wouldn't she?."
Steve nodded grinning as he looked back at the drawing. It was a picture of you and Steve (or Captain America) both with heart eyes and holding hands, all drawn in crayon and although it was a complete mess, Steve still thought it was a work of art. Toby wasn't Steve's son (his loser of a dad ran when he found out you were pregnant), but he loved him like he was and Toby loved Steve like he was his dad too.
You guys met whilst you were at Washington Square Park. Steve was out running and you and Toby were having a picnic. Where Toby had decided you should sit was right by where Steve ran, every time he ran his circuit he'd pass you guys by, offering you a small smile as he did. You were checking Steve's ass out as he ran by when you heard a blood cuddling scream behind you. Toby had fallen out of the tree he'd been 'climbing'. Steve was by your side in a blink of an eye, helping you to try and calm your wailing son who had cut his knee open. After accompanying you to the hospital (he wouldn't take a no for an answer) and waiting with you until Toby was able to go home with a couple of stitches, you invited Steve home for dinner to thank him for being so kind and that's how things started.
"Shh-" Steve whispered to Toby as the two of them slowly crept back into your shared bedroom.
Toby had made Steve promise to wake him up earlier so he could give you your card before he had to go to school.
Steve lifted Toby up onto your bed before he knelt down beside the bed and gently began to wake you up. He leaned forwards and pressed a kiss to your forehead making Toby pull a face of disgust. He was your typical eight year old, loved the fact Captain America was dating his mom, hated seeing them kiss.
"Wake-up, doll." Steve smiled softly at you as you began to stir.
You smiled as you pushed yourself up. "Hey-" you covered your mouth with your hand as you began to yawn. "What's going on?"
Toby grinned holding his card up. "Happy Valentine's Day, mom!"
You began laughing when you saw his card, a picture of a bunny that said 'Some bunny loves you!' on the front.
"Aw, thank you, sweetheart." you leaned over a have him a big sloppy kiss which he hated.
"Mom! Get off. Not in front of Steve." he huffed making both you and Steve burst out laughing. Another thing Toby hated was you embarrassing him in front of Steve and the other Avengers who he adored, especially Natasha who had her very own Valentine's card this year, as did Wanda and Pepper.
Steve smiled as he pulled out his little booklet he had for you. "Don't get mad, but, I forgot."
You sighed a little. "Steve, I've told you not to worry about things like this."
Steve shook his head. "Sweetheart, any excuse to show you how much I love you and I'm gonna do it." he winked at you as he handed you the booklet. "Happy Valentine's day, baby." he whispered before he pressed his lips against yours, warning another groan from Toby who quickly hopped off the bed.
You thanked Steve as you took the booklet, smiling when you saw they were homemade coupons. One for a foot rub, one for dinner, one for 'fondueing'. You bit back your giggle as you glanced up to the super solder, smiling when you saw him blush as he eyed the coupon you were on. You continued to look through them until you came to the last one.
"One knee?" you frowned as you read the coupon again.
"Oh, that's a good one." Steve smiled as he moved back a little before digging around in his pocket and pulled a small red velvet box out. "I love you, y/n. Have done since the day we met. And, not only did I fall in love with you, but your wonderful and amazing little boy too. The two of you have given me so much love in the short amount of time we've shared that, I wanted to ask you, to share that love with me, for the rest of our lives. So, y/n y/l/n, will you marry me?"
Silent tears rolled down your face as you listened to his beautiful words. You loved Steve with every ounce of your soul and you knew he loved you and Toby, he told you and showed you every day. He proved on day one he'd do anything for you.
"Yes!" you sprung up out of bed and crashed into Steve sending him flying backwards. You pressed kisses all over his face as he laughed, holding you firmly against his body.
"Y/N, Y/N, do you want the ring on or not?" he chuckled.
You nodded with a grin. "I do."