Shopping

Missy was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom and covered the dark circles around her eyes with makeup when Bill entered. She had put off the wet Mickey Mouse nightshirt and changed it for a Slytherin pyjama.

"You alright?", Bill asked, leaning her shoulder at the doorframe to the bathroom.

"Do you really think some tea could hurt me?" Missy turned around. "What do you want?"

"How about a shopping trip? Just the two of us... going to town..." Bill shrugged. "Without annoying boys."

Missy blinked. "Shopping?"

"Or something else. You decide."

Missy turned back to the mirror. "Shopping sounds just fine. I want some nice things. And a pony."

"A... pony?"

"I like ponies."

"Yeah but... I was more thinking about clothes or something."

"Then I want a T-shirt with a pony on it." Missy continued doing her makeup.

"I think that's a bit more realistic." Bill entered the room and sat down on the edge of the bath tub, watching her.

"What?" Missy asked without looking at her.

"Just waiting till you're finished." Bill hesitated for a moment. "So... you and the Doctor..."

"Afraid he might like me more than he likes you?" Missy smirked.

"I know that he does. And that's okay." Bill smiled at her.

Missy sighed. "He signed a contract to watch over my body for the next thousand years. We still have 859 years to go. While the contract still runs he can't leave me. That's all. No big love story, no happy end."

"I don't think that contract includes sex." Bill shrugged.

Missy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "No. It doesn't."

"So...?"

"So what? You don't know the Doctor like I do. That has absolutely no meaning. Trust me on that." She aggressively closed her lipliner. "And it hasn't for me either. You're interpreting things that just aren't true."

"If you say so." Bill stood up again and ran a hand though Missy's hair.

She closed her eyes in annoyance and said in a darker tuned voice: "Hand's off."

"Sorry. I've always wanted to touch your hair." Bill smiled guiltily. "It's so pretty."

Missy's mien softened again. "Well, yours is... explosive. And I like explosions."

"Thanks for the compliment." Bill chuckled.

After Missy finished dressing up in her usual Victorian attire Bill and she went to the city. Missy obviously wasn't used to just walk around for a shopping trip and was causing a lot of attention while dancing with a street lamp on the way. Bill didn't know if she should be annoyed or amused.

"Oh hello, Mister!", Missy said to a statue of a naked Roman. "Aren't you a bit cold?"

"That's... a statue." Bill sighed.

"Oh, he hasn't told you, has he?" Missy looked at her with a smirk. "There are statues that aren't like the others. And they are extremely dangerous. Unless..." She smacked the Roman's leg. "...they're in plain view."

"So that thing is... an alien?" Bill investigated the Roman's stony face.

"No, that's just a statue. It's the angels you have to watch." And Missy danced along the street without saying another word, quietly humming the toreador march.