Biscuits

When the Doctor woke up, Missy was gone. He climbed out of the bed and left the room to look for her. His search didn't take long because she was sitting cross-legged on his office chair, a cup of tea in hands and wearing nothing but one of his shirts. Nardole was sitting on the other side of the desk and was asking her questions about the previous two years. She was answering them in a monotone voice, like always when she got bored.

"Good morning, sleepyhead.", Missy said with a smile when she noticed him. "I would have woken you up, but you were sleeping like a stone, so I got breakfast for myself."

"It's fine." The Doctor smiled and sat down on the desk, since both chairs were in use.

Nardole cleared his throat. "You still haven't answered all of my questions yet."

"Later, Nardole.", the Doctor said before Missy could answer. "We've got time."

"Doctor, I must protest!" Nardole stood up, though it wasn't very impressive due to his short height. "We must not neglect our duties of guarding her!"

"I am guarding her!" The Doctor pointed at Missy. "Have you seen her? She is hurt. She needs to rest."

"She is present.", Missy added. "And she can talk for herself."

Nardole and the Doctor both looked at her as if they'd forgotten this fact.

"Without hope. Without witness. Without reward." Missy stood up and walked around the table until she stood in front of Nardole. "That is what I have sworn, and that is the code I will act after. I visited those people without the hope of getting redemption. Without a witness who could testify my actions. Without expecting any reward. I did it because it was right."

Nardole nodded and wrote the answer down.

"Oh, and Doctor..." Missy looked at him. "... I'm not fragile. I'm a grown-up woman. I don't need no clucking."

The Doctor lifted his hands in defence. "Whatever you say, miss."

"Do you still have some of those chocolate biscuits...?"

"Uhm... nope, I think not." The Doctor scratched his head.

"You never share them with me!" Missy crossed her arms and pouted.

"Over there." Nardole nodded to the shopping basket he had brought from the supermarket. Missy immediately walked over and rummaged through the purchase.

"Aha!", she yelled in victory and pulled the biscuits out of the basket. "Mine!"

"Hey, don't take them all!" The Doctor walked over and tried to snatch the pack, but Missy ducked and moved it out of his reach.

"You're horrible at sharing!"

"You're horrible at sharing!" He tried to snatch them again, but Missy avoided his grip and jumped on the desk.

"You ate the last pack alone and didn't give me one piece! So, it's only fair if I keep this one!"

"Fairness ends with biscuits!"

"So, this is war?" Missy grinned. "Then I will win!"

"No, you won't!" The Doctor attacked her again. Missy tried to move but she slipped on the desk and fell on him, pushing him to the floor. While the pack of biscuits did slide to the other side of the room Missy chuckled, now laying on him.

"I know something better than biscuits.", she muttered before kissing him.

"Oh God, please take a room.", Nardole complained when their kiss deepened, and the Doctor's hand sunk in the fabric of the shirt.

Missy laughed and sat up. "Jealous?"

"As if." Nardole closed his folder with a loud noise.

The Doctor sat up as well, Missy still on his lap. "Maybe we should take a room.", he muttered while kissing along her neck.

"Oh Doctor, how naughty you are." She chuckled while Nardole just rolled his eyes.

"I must remind the professor that his lecture starts in five minutes."

"Right." The Doctor nodded and shoved Missy down from his lap. "Duty's calling."

Missy pouted. "Now that's just rude."

"I'm sorry." The Doctor cupped her face. "I'll have time for you later." He gave her another kiss.

"I'll be waiting. Eating the biscuits." She smirked.

"Fine, you can have them." The Doctor took his satchel and waved. "See you after class!"

"Like a schoolgirl.", Missy huffed after he'd left the room. "Only the skirt is missing."

"I don't want to imagine him in a skirt... too late.", Nardole muttered.

"You're welcome." Missy got up and grabbed the biscuits. "So, how about a fine game of Scrabble?"

"... and that's why Romeo and Juliet might be a classic love story but it's not romantic at all.", the Doctor added to his lecture on botanic. He didn't know how he got to that topic, but he had a suspicion. "Anyways, flower power really is a thing because there are some flowers with enormous powers and..."

He got interrupted in his sentence as the door of the lecture hall opened with a bang. Nardole was standing there, completely out of breath.

"Doctor! Emergency!", he yelled and started running again.

"Excuse me." The Doctor ran after him and closed the door on his way. He didn't need to get an explanation to know that it was about Missy. Emergencies always were about Missy. But when they ran up the stairs to the office he heard her scream. It wasn't her usual rage screams when she lost her mind or the screams of her nightmares. It was a painful scream filled with fear and panic.

He passed Nardole as he sped up and kicked open the door of his office. The screams were gone, just like Missy. Scrabble letters and biscuits were covering the floor. It looked like a battlefield.

"What happened?!", he yelled at Nardole who arrived in the office as well, catching for air.

"I... I was given a minute... I ran as fast as I could... but it's impossible... to be back in a minute...", Nardole panted.

"Who gave you a minute?!" The Doctor grabbed his shoulders. "Who was here?!"

"The Lady President. She took Missy to Gallifrey."