Chapter 1

It all started with my stupid feelings.

I didn't know it would have that much effect, but apparently I was wrong.

Let me introduce myself as we go back in time when everything went wrong, my name is Eleanor, but I go by El, which my closest people call me, and I go by Ellie. I have an older sister, Delilah, who's in college, she goes to The University of Wisconsin Madison, and a younger brother named Zach who's in 5th grade.

My life was pretty smooth, other than the fact that my mom died a when I was only 6. My dad seems okay, but sometimes I feel as though he misses her a lot. We all do. Anyways, here's how it went: It's September 1st, the day before school starts and the day my sister is flying off to go to college. My sister has a boyfriend, Tyler.

Oh my god. Tyler.

He lives next door, he and I are best friends. Sorry, USED to be best friends. We used to hang out all the time, sit next to each other at lunch, be able to tell each other anything without a care. That is, until my sister popped into the picture. Because my sister feels guilty that she kinda took him away from me, she invites me to do everything with him and her. Not that that's bad it's just awkward because I'm now a third wheel. It's not the same, he and I. When he and Delilah started dating, I realized I had feelings for Tyler. More than just friends feeling, I kinda had a crush on him. I know that sounds bad, but it's true. Of course I would never do that to my sister, steal him from her though. Enough about him though.

Right now it's morning and the doorbell just rang.

"I'll get it!" Yelled Zach as he came tumbling down the stairs.

As the door opened, I heard Zach yell "TY!" and a big wheeze.

As I came downstairs I saw Zach attached to Tyler and they were both on the floor.

"Let him in, let him in, Zach." came a cool, collected voice that I recognized immediately as my sister, Delilah.

As Zach let Tyler come in I heard my dad's booming voice say "Hey kid!". Tyler responded with a "Hey Mr. Martin!". My dad groaned and replied, "How many times do I have to tell you, just call me Glen." with that Tyler mumbled a "Sorry Mr. Mar.." under his breath.

As we all sat down at the table, my dad said he had made breakfast for us all.

Zach leaned over to me, lifted the back of my t-shirt and stuffed a ice down the back of it.

"AHH!"

Zach bursted into laughter and Tyler cracked a smile and gave Zach a fist bump, to which Delilah gave Zach and Tyler disapproving looks.

I quickly jumped up from my seat and started dancing around while pulling the back of my shirt to which the ice cube came out.

Delilah picked up the ice cube and threw it into the sink.

My dad yells from the kitchen, "What's with all the commotion?"

"Nothing!" Zach yelled back while giving me a smug look.

I gave him my best look that meant murder since I knew he had all kinds of tricks up his sleeve that he would try on me if I snitched on him.

"Well, here is everyone's food." my dad said as he came from the kitchen with the breakfast.

"Looks great dad!" Zach said as he looked down at his plate with excitement.

We all started eating, when Tyler said to Delilah,

"Hey, so I know you're going to Wisconsin and all, so I got something.."

He handed her a white, blank envelope.

Delilah opened it up with a worried expression.

The blood drained away from Delilah's face as she pulled a white piece of paper from the envelope.

"..You got a ticket?...To Wisconsin?"

"Well yeah, when you told me you were going to college there, I got the ticket right away."

"Hey! Look at Tyler stepping it up!" My dad said while clapping a few times.

Delilah winced.

"You already paid for this?" Delilah said with a freaked out expression.

"Well..yeah." Tyler said with a "duh" expression.

"Oh my god." Delilah said worriedly.

I could sense that my sister wanted to be with Tyler alone, so I just kinda grabbed my brother up and ran up the stairs.

"What are you doing?" Zach said with an annoyed face.

"Delilah looked kinda..." I put on a scared face. "Back there."

"Yeah, what's up with that?" He said as he bounced on top of my bed. I noticed that Delilah and Tyler had moved outside and onto the sidewalk in front of our house. I closed the blinds shut.

***

My sister comes into my room and falls onto my bed with an exasperated face.

"Ughhaghagahfd." I hear from my sister as she keeps slamming my pillow into her face.

"What's wrong, Deli?" Using the nickname my brother Zach had come up with a long time ago.

"Boys."

"Tell me about it."

"I can't wait until I get to college, I like seeing you guys, but seeing Tyler around, ugh. So awkward."

She's gone back to using his full name?

"Wait, why will it be awkward seeing Ty around?"

"Because I broke up with him."

WHAT? I did not just hear my sister say that.

"WHAT? WHY?"

"Because El, I'm going to college! In Wisconsin!"

"But, Ty had a bought a ticket to go there with you!"

She put on a sad face and sat up.

"El, before mom passed, I made a promise to her." She grabs my hands. "She asked if I would never have a boyfriend when I went to college. That's why I have to let Tyler go."

"Okay." I say, giving in to whenever our mother was brought up. Plus, I could see why she wanted to honor the promise she made to mom.

"Okay." She looks around. "Your room is a mess."

"Can we go back to talking about boy trouble?" I say with a hopeful expression, praying that she wouldn't push me cleaning my room.

xxx

Authors Note

Hi, my name is Rebecca, and this is my first "book". It's a spinoff of "To all the boys I've loved before" basically. Thank you to all who inspired me to start writing this, funny story, I've never read TATBILBF, but I saw the movie on Netflix and I loved it, so yeah.

Quick question, should I do a character "reveal" or something? Lemme knowww

xo, rebecca