Chapter 4

"Oh hey Ellie!" My dad shouts over the loud sizzling of stir fry.

"Hi dad!" I yell back. "Smells really good! Stir fry is it?"

"Yup! Straight out of the recipe!" 

Oh yay...... I think to myself as I walk over to the kitchen. I pick out some plates and silverware and place them on the table. I sadly notice there was only 3 sets needed.

"Zach!! Time for supper!!" I loudly yell.

I hear a muffled "Okay!" and thundering steps from the stairs.

I sigh as I sit down and my dad places the huge bowl of yummyness on the table.

"I miss Tyler." My brother says as he sits down.

"I miss Deli." I say, looking at the empty seat next to me.

"I miss my wife." My dad says.

We all start laughing. Wow this is so sad, hanging around and missing our family.

We eat our food and I go upstairs and finish my homework and watch some YouTube videos. I finally get a hold of Delilah. 

"Hey sistah!" I yell happily at my laptop screen.

"Hey Ellie!" She responds back.

"How's living in Wisconsin?"

"It's cold. I miss the California warm air."

"IS THAT DELI?!" My brother practically screams as he bursts into my room.

Ugh. I wish me and Deli could just talk privately. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad and my brother, but sometimes I just want to be with another girl.

Zach jumps onto my bed and onto my leg.

"Ow!" I yell in pain and I smack Zach.

"Hey!!" He yells back.

"You can talk to Deli on your own time." I say sternly.

"But what device would I use?" He says giving me sad eyes.

"Your iPad. Duh." I roll my eyes at him.

He rolls his eyes back.

"Well I have to talk later." Deli says. I can faintly hear a door open and close in the background.

"Byeee!" I say, while Zach makes his craziest face possible, with his tounge out and crossed eyes. His face moves closer the the camera on my laptop so that I'm cut from the camera view. Deli laughs at Zach, and closes her laptop.

I close my laptop as well and push Zach off my bed. I hear a thud and a "OWW!" He stands up and I realize he landed on a book. I start laughing into my hand and soon cannot control it as I'm rolling on my bed laughing. I feel two hands on back try to push me off but cannot because they're weak. 

"You're so fat, Ellie."

I sober up immediately and jump off my bed, full on sprinting at him as he runs out of his room and shuts the door in my face.

I pound on his door and tell him,

"Next time you say anything like that, you're taking the school bus." 

I walk back into my room and flop onto my bed.

I check my phone and realize Hailey has been bombing me on all social media, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. As I read her messages, I become shocked, not really knowing how to act with any other emotions.

Anneliese broke up with Alex.

Oh my god, I used to like Alex, like hardcore in seventh grade, but I immediately stopped liking him when he started dating Anneliese. There are probably gonna be a plethora of girls on him at school, with a hotshot like that on the market. Oh well. Sucks to be him.

Oh yeah. I forgot. All throughout elementary and middle school, I would write in this diary. It was really cringey looking, with bright pink glitter letters spelling 'GIRLS RULE'. Back in those times, I thought it was the coolest looking thing I owned. When I had liked someone like, a lot, I would dedicate about 3 or more pages worth in the diary about what I liked about them, then decide if I should continue liking them or drop the crush. One for AJ, a boy I liked from summer school in 5th grade, one for Alex, who I had liked during seventh grade, one for George, a boy I liked from a summer camp in 8th grade, and Ryan who I had liked after freshmen prom.

 Then there's Ty. 

Tyler I guess now.

I had never really told anyone about those letters because they reveal the raw, me the one who was just me saying what I really thought. It was unfiltered. Of course the diary is probably somewhere now in my whirlwind of a closet. 

I get ready for bed and set my alarm for 6am. I sigh and turn off my night light on the nightstand next to me. I turnover and close my eyes, waiting for sleep to take me.

***

I wake up to my alarm blaring and I turn over and turn it off. I yawn really big and snuggle back into my covers for a few peaceful moments. My eyes snap back open when I hear Zach's alarm going off I the other room. I stand up and stumble a bit, and arrive at Zach's door I knock on it really loud, but I hear nothing but his alarm going off. I think to myself, 

Oh well, poor Zach. 

I put my shoulder against his door and shove with all my might. The door doses to open. So, I move back and start running, the best I can at 6 in the morning, which spoiler alert, isn't very good and put my hands out and as my hands meet the door, it opens to reveal my beloved brother. His eyes widen in shock as I come tumbling on top of him and he lands on the floor.

"You are REALLY heavy." He wheezes out.

"You can take the school bus." I say as I stand up.

"Please no!" He pleads.

"Oh whatever, but be ready at 7."

"Okay!" He stands up, salute so and runs out into the hallway to the bathroom.

I roll my eyes again.

I walk back into my room, not ready to start the day. At least it's friday though.

xxx

Authors Note

Hi y'all! It's been a hectic week, so sorry this chapter isn't the most exciting. The next chapter is where the real fun begins. *laughs evilly* 

xo, rebecca