Chapter 6

I point at Zach, who is smiling gleefully.

"You never saw me." I make a slicing motion across my neck and open my bedroom window. I jump out and land on the grass with a muffled 'oof'.

I jump up and limp for a few steps until I reach my bike. I hop on and ride away, forgetting my helmet. I ride all the way to the diner, my favorite place to be whenever. I park my bike next to it, and walk inside. I hop onto one of the stools and ask the waitress for a glass of coca-cola. I hear the bell ring but ignore it. I feel a presence sit 2 stools away from me but I don't look up. My glass of coke arrives and the lady takes the person 'next' to me order. Sadly enough I recognize the voice ordering.

"Hey Ellie." Alex LeMaster looks over at me while I have a deer in the headlights expression.

"Uh hi." I swallow and continue. "Whatcha doing over here."

"You know, just getting some good ol' fries." He turns serious and leans in. "Actually I came here to talk to you."

"How did you find me?" I ask scared, thinking of terrible things.

"Your little brother told me."

"Oh." Relief floods through me, but then I quickly become angry."That lil brat."

"Well yeah, but anyways, I told you no, I don't want to go out with you."

"Alex LeMaster, I don't want to go out with you." I laugh a little.

"Yeah your mouth says something here, but your mouth back there, said something completely different."

"What?" I ask confused.

"Oh never mind. I just thought you were hitting on me."

I laugh. "Why would you think that?"

"I don't know. Because you KISSED me?" He says with an expectant look.

"Ha, I just had to make someone else think I didn't like them."

"Okay. Who? Why?" He demands.

"What? I'm not answering those questions."

"Unless you want the whole school to know your thoughts about me in seventh grade, you better answer."

Crap.

"That's blackmail!" 

The lady with Alex's food comes by, looks at me weird, and leaves. He looks at me expectantly.

"Okay. Fine. Tyler Wadina." I finally answer, done with his crap.

He looks as if a bell rang in his head.

"Isn't he dating your sister?"

"Yeah. I used to like him, you know, in the past tense. But like HE got his letters so that's gonna be awkward." I say really fast.

"Woah woah woah. I am not the only one who has gotten a letter." He says with an amazed face.

"Yeah." I say back small.

"You think your special but she goes and writes 2 letters." He mumbles to himself.

I laugh a little. "Well, I wrote five letters, so don't be thinking you're special."

He looks at me surprised. 

"You wrote five letters?"

I nod.

"Damn girl, you a player."

I nod awkwardly again.

"So, who?"

I turn back to him. "I'm sorry what?"

"Who?"

I turn my head back and forth. "I'm not answering that."

He gives me a side eye with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay fine. A boy from summer school, another from summer camp, and Ryan.

"Ryan Delles?"

I nod.

"You do know he's gay?"

"Yup." I cringe. I get up, leave a 5 on the table and start to walk away.

"Wait wait wait. Is that sparkly bike out there your ride?"

I nod back with a smile.

He laughs and gets up himself.

"Let me take you home."

I think about it.

"I don't see why not."

We put my bike in the backseat, and I hop into the passenger seat.

The ride to my house is filled with me giving him directions on what streets to turn on.

He pulls up in front of my house.

I put my hand on the door, ready to open it when he says,

"So, what are you gonna tell Wadina?"

My head bursts into a million thoughts. 

What am I gonna tell him?

"It's not you're problem, but thanks for dropping me off." I say as I open the door and land onto the pavement. I open the back door, grab my bike, and start walking up the driveway to my house. I hear a door shut and footsteps jogging.

"Hey, uh," he looks at me while I look back at him. "What if you didn't, tell Tyler?"

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Like, what if we let people think we were dating?"

I chuckle.

"What good would that do?" I ask him.

"Well, Anneliese would become jealous and she would want to get back with me."

"Oh." I say, starting to realize what he wanted. "You want to use me as your pawn to get what you want."

"Well, technically you were the one to use me as a pawn in the beginning, you know, kissing me?"

I nod my head and lay my bike down at the porch, done with the conversation.

"Hey Ellie," I look back at him. "Just think about it, okay?"

I nod back, and say back to him over my shoulder, "Don't hold your breath!"

I walk back into my house.

As soon as my first shoe is half off Zach attacks me with a nerf gun, the 'pyragon', a gift from Tyler last Christmas.

"Aaah!" 

He laughs maliciously.

"ZACH STOP!!"

"NEVER!"

I chase after him, while he runs back up the stairs. I double back, go to the kitchen and grab a bag of goldfish. I take off my shoes and go upstairs to my room fast, while Zach keeps on shooting little discs at me.

I fall onto my bed, open up my laptop and pull up nextflix. Then a Skype call pops up. Delilah is calling me. I sigh, quickly text her,

'I'm busy😔'

She responds,

'Okay.. I'll talk to ya later then..🙁'

I pull up Netflix and binge 'The Office', while eating goldfish.

I end up think about Alex's offer. What if Delilah found out I had/have a crush on her ex? What'll happen if I bump into Tyler in the hallway?

 So many what ifs. 

How bad can it be to become Alex's fake girlfriend?

xxx

Authors Note

Hi y'all!! What's up? So another chapter up! There probably won't be one up tomorrow, since I'll be very very busy, but I'll try to post 2 more times this week! Thank you for reading! GUYS I FINALLY HAVE A CAST! I just need to figure one out for Alex and I'll be done!

xo, rebecca