Chapter 13

Alex walks around to my side of the car to open it for me.

"You good? He asks me. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I'm fine." I answer back, as I step out of the car and we start walking toward the house, which is so modern and half made out of glass.

Let's just get this over with.

As we walk towards the front door, I start to put my hair up using my favorite scrunchie.

"Hey, hey, hey," Alex grabs my hair tie and pulls it, letting my hair back down.

"Alex!" I whine.

"I like your hair down." He says as he puts the hair tie into his wrist.

"Don't lose that, it's my favorite scrunchie!"

"Don't worry, I won't lose it."

He pulls out his phone, and I pose as he takes a picture of me.

"See?" He shows me the photo of me. "You look good."

I roll my eyes.

He asks for my phone and I give it to him as he takes a picture of himself, smirking.

"Put that as your background." He hands my phone back to me.

"Okay, well you have to put me as your background then." I fire back at him.

"I know, I know." He rolls his eyes.

He opens up the door and I'm hit with the smell of alcohol and my ears hear a the bass coming from the music blaring. Alex takes my hand in his as he laces his fingers through mine. The air is much warmer, with all the bodies dancing, and there are a lot of red solo cups lying around the beautiful modern house. Most of the cups are in people's hands though.

"You do know that I don't want to drink anything that has alcohol." I tug on his hand.

Someone bumps into me as they dance and I step a little closer to Alex.

He looks down at me, "Of course, I won't make you do anything you don't want. Ever." He has to raise his voice a little bit since the music is so loud.

I nod back at him. Suddenly, a thought comes to me.

"Are you going to drink?" I practically yell at him.

He laughs.

"Nah. I'm a designated driver," He laughs again at my confused face, "I have to drive you back home."

Ohh yeahhhh.

I smile sheepishly back up at him.

"Oh my god! Alex!" My eyes widen, I don't need to look over Alex's shoulder to know who it is.

"Oh, uh hey, Anneliese." 

Alex steps away, to reveal me. Anneliese's eyes snap to me, then Alex's arm as he wraps it around me.

"Eleanor." She states blankly, but I can practically feel the sneer in her voice. She puts on a fake smile, one that can probably drop boys to their knees.

"Let's go sit down, next to Britney and Addison. You do know them, right?"

"Yeah. I know them." I sound way more confident than I actually am. I turn to Alex, hoping he can save me. He brings a fist to his mouth and leans his head back. He's going to go get drinks.

Oh. He's gonna leave me with the self centered slut.

Anneliese clamps her hand around my arm and pulls me to a couch area. Somehow, a path opens up within the crowd as she moves past everyone.

How did she part the entire crowd like Moses did with the Red Sea?

We come to a couch, and my arm feels numb.

"Britney! Addison!" Out of nowhere the two shanks hug Anneliese and she lets go of my arm thankfully.

I recoil as their eyes land on me, behind Anneliese. 

"Look what the slut brought in." Addison brings her eyebrows up as she looks me up and down.

I feel as though I'm a new species and they're staring at me as if I'm sort of freak show. Addison and Britney grab both of my arms and pull me a few steps forward while Anneliese has opened the door. The door brings me out to the 3 seasons room. They shut the door close, and I feel as though I'm trapped. I turn my head around and I'm suddenly face to face with the few elites of the popular crowd. As I'm scanning the rooms to see if I can escape I see Ryan. Yes. The boy I wrote a letter to in 9th grade, when I was a freshmen.

Oh boyyy.

He smiles as he catches my eye as well. He's sitting in an arm chair, and he stands up and gestures to the chair. I start walking to the chair and I sit down. But, I'm forced back up by Anneliese as she exclaims "Truth or dare!"

About 7 people start forming a circle on the ground.

"You gonna play, Ryan?" Britney winks seductively and wiggles her hips. I can't tell if I want to laugh at her or stare at her in awe of her cringey moves.

"Nope. That stuff is for middle schoolers." He answers back as he raises a cup to his lips while his eyes hold amusement. Anneliese shoves me on the ground between her and Addison, who is now pouting. Anneliese turns back around to Ryan.

"You have to play. Unless you want those screenshots all over school..." Ryan's eyes widen at Anneliese and he jumps down and sits between Addison and I. Ryan turns to me with a devious smirk.

"Let's get this party started."

xxx

Authors Note

Hi y'all. I'm sorry for not updating, for like the past three weeks, so I have to update twice more. I'm really sorry, lately I haven't found the motivation to write. Thanks for reading!

xo, rebecca