Chapter 7

I decide to tell Alex in person. I drove, yes I know, I drove to see him at his lacrosse practice. I park, terribly might I add, and get out of my car to tell him. I walk across the field and realize their practice is basically over. I spot Alex. 

"Hey LeMaster!"

He turns around and looks at me.

"Let's do this."

He smiles, grabs me by the waist, and locks my lips in a kiss. I hear his friends in the background whooping but it's like I can barely hear them. I hook my arms around his neck and just as I start moving my lips against his he pulls away. I'm left breathless and he smirks at me. I hit his shoulder and walk away. I get into my car and sigh, unprepared for what's going to happen at school.

Oh well. 

I still have Sunday to dive into an ice cream tub.

I start to realize that I won't be alone anymore, on the weekends and such. Alex will be with me.

I start the car and drive to McDonald's. I order a strawberry and banana smoothie, and 10 chicken nuggets. I get my order and pay for it. I drive back home and land on my bed, and while I'm eating my food, Zach barges into my room. What a suprise!

"FOOD!" He says as his eyes fall onto my McD's.

"It's mine!"

"Please!" He gives me puppy eyes. 

"Just. One." I say slowly.

He takes 2.

"ZACH!" I erupt, but it's too late. He dips them into my ketchup and stuffs them into his mouth, giving Barry Allen a run for his money. He also drinks a third of my smoothie.

"Anyway sis, there's a bake sale at my school next week and I need you to make something. Normally, I would ask Deli, but since she's gone, I have decided to give this honour to you."

He runs away screaming,

"Leave some batter for me!"

I groan.

He is one weird child.

I start looking up recipes for cookies as I walk downstairs. I end up having to double everything, because, 

1. I want cookies

2. Zach wants batter

So I make the cookies and take a cute picture of them and post it on my Snapchat. I grab a book that's been on my list to read, and realize it's really good. I look up from my bedside window and see that it's almost dark. I get up, stretch and go down stairs to make some REAl food. 

I end up making a salad, half fruits and half lettuce, and some ramen noodles.

I eat in silence, since my dad was already asleep. As I'm going through the mail, I notice a letter, sent back to our house. As a I open it up, I recognize the letter I had originally made for George.

Well, at least he never got his letter. 

As I look who addressed the letter, I can't place where I have seen the handwriting, but I recognize it. I decide to go to bed early that night, so my thoughts don't consume me. 

***

It's Monday morning.

Yesterday, my dad decided to tell me, that Zach and I would be home alone until next Sunday. Yippee. Most kids would be elated, but that means Zach gets to torment me.

"How about I drive to school, and if we get pulled over, we can switch spots really fast!" Zach says excitedly.

"Yeah, no." I drive to school, without hitting anyone, thank the lorrddd.