FOUR

I found out Chaeyoung quit her job at the bookstore after a week since the fateful incident, Sana's mom told me that she had to go back to her village because of a sudden family crisis.

Chaeyoung didn't even said any goodbye or even leave me a message, it made me bitter. I wanted to call her but I knew it wasn't really appropriate for me to do so, knowing she could be at her worst state at this moment, wanting to be alone.

We've been friends for almost two months by now, but in those every late night texts, she barely share any issues and her reason was because she didn't want to be stress because of it.

She didn't mind at all if I express everything that was bothering me because she didn't want me to bottle up my emotions or else it will affected my studies.

Another week pass by, I started to miss her again. I send her few good messages that would make her smile again and we were back to ourselves again the moment she initiated a video call.

On the day that marked of the three months of our friendship, I didn't have a good morning because I slept in late and I had a presentation in another few hours making my mood more sour than it already was.

I rushed through the subway station waiting for the another subway before the class start. I wouldn't risk to embarrass in front of the whole class knowing they have been anticipated for my presence as the most smartest student in the room.

I bumped into few people with few apologetic mumble as I rushed through another busy street heading to my destination.

Without looking what was on the ground, I tripped and before I could reach flat on the ground, someone was fast enough to catch me as I fell into their arm in among the sea of people in their own world.

I looked up and see a pair of cute smile and round eyes with happiness shimmer beneath them.

"Chae-chaeyoung?" I stuttered as my eyes blinking, couldn't grasp she was here with me in her arms when she live far away from the city.

"You might wanna becareful next time, this is not really a friendly city. Do you want a ride? From the look of your messy state, you seemed to be in a quite rush. I can't just leave you like this." She brushed my bangs from my face, tucking some of them behind my ears. With that loving look on her face just screwed up my heart again.

She gently grabbed hold of my hand after she get my bag and few papers laying on the street completely separated from my file.

What a fucking day.

She gave me another calm smile before leading me to her car which was parked not far from the shopping centre.

I didn't know she own a car at all.

She put my items in the passenger seat before opening the shotgun door of the front seat for me like a gentlewoman she always was.

"You must be very hungry." She got inside the driver seat, getting the brown paper bag together with a cup of Styrofoam before putting them in the cup holders in the middle behind the automatic shift gear.

"You don't have too. I'm really in a rush." I whined before grabbing the handle to open the door again.

"Oh come on, I can't just leave you starving. You could ended up fainting." She put one hand under my chin, pulling me to face her and there was worrisome in her eyes. "With those sleepy eyes, you need a cup of joe and some bread to go. So that you can march up that law spirit back up." The shit-eating grin again back up on her lips causing me to look away with shyness.

It's just weird that we've been knowing each other at least almost three months now and we're way cozier despite the other story that we kept aside for our friendship sakes.