Minutiae

Sooo... hi.

I know that The Bookworm meets The Poet is finally has its ending but will remain everlasting to my soul because it's my very first book that I ever encourage myself and managed to finish after for so long of losing faith and that's not a good attitude to begin with.

Firstly, I really wanted to thank all of you for taking your time to read, I honestly never thought of writing Michaeng or going to continue writing when in fact, writing had always been a part of me growing up.

And especially thank you for the long wait, I'm very sorry for not been active for awhile but I'm finally back again.

(P.S Writer's block ain't kidding though :') I have to take few days of finding inspiration and taking some days off because I need to a take break so my writing skill can flow nicely again)

My Inspiration for this story

Believe or not, I wasn't a keen of the idea of Valentine's day at all. Ever since I started working, I see countless of faces everyday especially couples. It got me wonder after experience so called "love" if there's anyone was the right one for me. I know that I'm not the only who feel the same way. I never like Valentine's Day due my unsuccessful love life nor experience them with a love one, thus I grew with the idea that eventually I understood that some lesson needed to learn in order for me to growth into a better person.

I remembered walking down this one particular every-day path heading to my office during late afternoon, it just strike my mind the moment I look up in the orange-ish artsy skies two weeks before the actual Valentine's Day. Imagining these two amazing character created to be in love with the idea of fate united them in among estimated 8 billion people in this planet.

Some few songs that I got inspired as well for the story:
Flor - No More Time
Roy Kim - The Hardest Part
Flor - Hold on
Dean Lewis - Stay Awake
Halsey - Is There Somewhere
Callum James - You
Marina Lin - This is what rejection feels like (A very personal favorite of mine).

I really love Flor, they're one of the greatest underrated band and their songs are good.
And Dean Lewis speaks for my heart the most.
Also, Roy kim, his song healed me and I have been with him since his debut days.
Halsey - She speaks the late midnight vibes adventures with the ghost of our pasts - mesmerizing the youth of silently seeking for the "right one." I have been listening to her since 2015.

In addition, I got inspired to write some part of T.C chapter based on the word "perhaps" from the fault in our starts and the sentences on that chapter just capture my heart because of "what ifs" - hence, in order for these two lost hopeless romantic soul to be bond with the same favor when it comes to fiction books - hence - the library is the significance for their first meeting.

Along the way, I have always been into Greek mythology and have my own somewhat metaphor regarding Apollo and Athena, it reminded me of Michaeng.

Characters

Which character that represents me the most?

Definitely most likely Chaeyoung, the free spirited character that didn't really reflect of being alone can be a scary thing but the moment she falls in love, that's the scariest thing. I'm not saying Chaeyoung was a loner but she grew up used to being alone and somewhat becoming a wise person from the experience that she has been adapt from growing up. She's more than just a Poet. She's a person that has a big heart which ended up her trying not to be attached to anyone knowing she will get hurt. Chaeyoung reflected my sun inner self.