eight

track 1: perfect illusion by lady gaga.

track 2: younger by ruel.

track 3: why should i be sad by britney spears.

track 4: dazed & confused by ruel.

track 5: natural by zayn.

track 6: starstruck by lady gaga.

track 7: idfc by blackbear.

track 8: falling by why don't we.

" can't you see that i'm falling? "

Zach thought against it, but it was his own face on that twitter page. So, he dreadfully pressed the 'download' button on twitter and waited for it to download onto his phone.

He nervously bit his lip as the app was downloaded, clicking the avatar and adding his phone number and password.

Finally, he was let in. Zach scrolled up and down the page, before going to the search bar and typing, 'Shriveled Paper.'

The page immediately popped up, flooding his screen with photos of basically everyone from the school. They were mostly of people kissing, but there were some of just people doing stuff.

The bio was, 'Your daily news source for the most problematic high school in town.' Zach shook his head while scrolling down.

As if on cue, a photo of Jack and the Gabby girl popped up, them kissing against a wall. The caption was, 'but didn't we just think he and that boy had a thing?'

Zach groaned and ignored the caption, scrolling down to more photos. There was one of Jonah and..

Corbyn?

They were suspiciously close in the cafeteria, Corbyn laying his head on Jonah's shoulders. The caption was, 'why is the whole school turning gay? c'mon now.'

Zach felt anger flowing through him as he kept on scrolling.

And finally, he had found the one with him and Jack.

He swiped through the thread and examined the photos closely, noticing that Jack actually seemed more happier in that thread of photos than any other photo he's seen of him.

He was smiling brightly, too. Zach took a screenshot of all the photos and remembered what Daniel told him about the comments. Zach laughed and started to read some of them.

'who even is this new kid?'

'Ooou damn what's his name?'

'Lmfao none of the girls liked Jack so he's moved onto guys, hilarious he is.'

'jacks so desperate that he went for the nobody ! lmao!'

'why is jack relevant anymore? literally he's disgusting um'

'Guys,, the kid's name is Zach,,,,, we're safe.'

Zach scoffed, what the hell?

'OK BUT WHY ARE PEOPLE GOING CRAZY FOR THIS BOY? He's literally not even attractive are y'all-'

Zach gave his phone a side-eye before replying to that comment with, "i think im really attractive, thank you next."

'Cant that annoying nerd, idek his name tell us everything about the new kid? He does know everything about everyone.'

'yikes'

'Jack is sosdn problematic bye'

Zach frowned at all of the comments before exiting from them. Why were people so rude?

~

Zach closed his eyes as he felt the space beside him be filled with another person, loosing himself in the music blasting in his earbuds. The music was so loud that he bet Jack could hear it.

Zach didn't say anything, but he didn't know why he wasn't. Jack could kiss whoever he pleased, and maybe Zach had just been catching a one-sided drift from how Jack acted toward him.

Jack didn't make any move to talk to Zach. At least that's what it looked like. The whole situation was stupid, really, and Zach couldn't help but think that he had ruined the first proper friendship he ever had.

He tried to escape in the lyrics. The words that created such a melody, yet already had a melody of its own through the letters.  

He stared out the window at the trees and cars that became blurry due to the movement of the bus. 

He was sort of wishing for a moment where Jack would tap him on the shoulder, asking him if he was okay, but that never came.

He silently peeked over at Jack, watching him as he just scrolled through his own twitter. The tugging feeling in his stomach returned.

The ride to school was slower than any other bus ride they'd had, and Zach just kept his head low, returning back to the 'nobody' that no one knew him as.

Nobody.