eleven

track 1: perfect illusion by lady gaga.

track 2: younger by ruel.

track 3: why should i be sad by britney spears.

track 4: dazed & confused by ruel.

track 5: natural by zayn.

track 6: starstruck by lady gaga.

track 7: idfc by blackbear.

track 8: falling by why don't we.

track 9: fool for you by zayn.

track 10: sweet creature by harry styles.

track 11: talk fast by 5 seconds of summer.

" talk fast, romance. won't last i'm okay with that. 

"Jonah's hosting another party tonight." said Jack through the phone. Zach held the phone on his shoulders as he was helping Reese do her nails once again, "Is it one of those pair things again?"

"Yeah."

Zach glared and Reese became confused, mouthing 'what?' Zach just shook his head, "You're going with Gabby, right?"

The line went silent, "I- I don't know..."

Zach sighed, "I'll just ask like -- Daniel, or something."

"Zachie?" whispered Reese. 

"Who is that?" asked Jack. "Just gimme one moment," Zach muted the call and nodded his head to Reese, "Yeah?"

"Who are you talking to?" she asked curiously. Zach smiled at her, "He's one of my friends."

"What's his name?" "Jack."

She gasped, "Wait, wait, wait, can you ask him if he has a sister name Isla?"

"Oh, um, okay." He clicked the button that unmuted the call and asked, "Hey, by any chance do you have a sister named Isla?"

"Yeah, why?"

Zach nodded his head to Reese and she squealed, "Reese is my best friend!"

"What's happening over there?" asked Jack. Zach laughed, "Your sister is apparently my sister's best friend."

"Really? I didn't know you had a little sister."

"Yup, currently doing her nails."

"The whole time?" asked Jack astonishingly. Zach laughed, "Yeah."

"Wait, put your sister on the phone, I'll go and get Isla. One moment."

"Okay," Zach smiled and finished off Reese's nails, "Jack is going to get Isla on the phone. Do you want to talk to her?"

"Yes! Let's face time!"  

Zach nodded, "Good idea."

He handed her the phone and she instantly lit up, talking loudly with a big smile on her face. She pressed some buttons on Zach's phone and suddenly they were on face time.

Zach peeked his head in and saw Jack in the back, smiling. He waved at Jack and Jack waved back, laughing at the two girls who were lost in their own conversation. Zach smiled at the two.

Jack waved to get Zach's attention and Zach nodded, showing him that he's got it. Jack nodded too, and pointed at his eye while mouthing 'I', he made two fists and pushed them down his chest while mouthing 'want', stuck up two fingers 'to', faked running 'go', pointed between them both 'with', and then at Zach, 'you'.

Zach blushed, and just gave Jack a thumbs up. That made Jack's smile wider, and Jack returned by giving him the 'OK' symbol. Zach mirrored him.

~

"Hey." welcomed Jack while opening the door for Zach. Zach looked at him, "I could've just opened the door for myself, you know."

"Yeah, I know."

Zach felt his stomach flip as he took a seat into the warm car, putting on his seat belt as Jack climbed into the seat beside his. Zach, like he always did, laid his hand onto the middle arm rest.  

"What's the theme for this party?" asked Zach while looking for the moon, it was just something he did for fun.

Jack badly didn't want to answer, "Uh, well, since it's February, it's, uh," he searched for any excuse, anything other than what it actually was, "w- winter themed. Mhm."

Zach furrowed his eyebrows, "Oh, that's... random."

"Yup."

"I find it funny that our sisters are best friends." said Zach, trying to start a conversation. 

"I know right? Like what are the odds?"

Suddenly, Jack turned the music to the aux cord. "You want the aux cord?"

Zach looked at him, "Sure." and plugged it into his phone. He scrolled down the hundreds of playlists he had and clicked on one called 'shower theme.' It had all the music he listened to whilst in the shower in.

The first song was a One Direction song. Zach sighed out of embarrassment.

But surprisingly, Jack started terribly singing along. 

"Every time we, to-ou-ouch, you get this kinda ru-u-ush," Zach smiled and looked over at Jack, "I never thought you'd be a One Direction guy."

"Honestly, One Direction was the best thing ever. Their songs are great too." said Jack while dancing along, "And let me kiss you."

Zach looked out the window and flushed a red, he was so thankful Jack wasn't the judgmental type. Jack rolled down the windows at a stop light and turned the music volume to one hundred, "Jack, oh my god don't do this."

"OH I JUST WANNA SHOW YOU OFF TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS,"

Zach face palmed as the cars beside them glanced over at their car.

"BABY BE MINE TONIGHT, MINE TONIGHT,"

Zach laughed at him and decided to join, yelling the lyrics obnoxiously while people looked at them like they were crazy.

As the music blared, Jack slyly placed his hand beside Zach's, slowly inching it closer. He hoped Zach would soon get the hint.

Zach was smiling, his hair going crazy from the wind of the windows. And suddenly, he felt Jack taking a hold of their hands, lacing them together like how the clouds and a sun made a rainbow. Zach looked over at their hands, and up at Jack.

His face was redder than a wilted rose, his eyes brighter than the light that the sun produced, and his half-smile filled with hope.

Hoping for no rejection, making his heart drop straight to rock bottom. But nothing came. All that came was a warm smile protruding from Zach's lips, and a smile.

All he wanted.

Wanted.