flash of life

Jack:  you scream and you die . tell me where is sabre !

Jordan:  he's dead jack ! Why can't you remember that ! I heard his gun load . when he pressed it to my head the cold metal reminding me of the bullet that shot my ear off years ago . the memories flooded my head and blocked my thoughts.

................

My mother's high heels clicked against the floor and a man in an army uniform picked me up from my crib .

Mother:  sabre be careful alright . he is still very small.

Sabre : I'm still trying to get over the shock . I'm a father .

Mother:  and being deployed again soon while I'm on maternity leave .

Sabre : what did you name him?

Mother : jordan after your brother .

Sabre:  he would have loved this little guy .

Mother : i already had him tested . he doesn't have that new virus that your brother died from.

Sabre:  jorden would still be suffering if he was alive . the virus didn't kill him he killed himself. 

*Jordan*
I started crying for no reason and another knock was at the door . my mother answered it and the man came into the room smiling.

Chris : well then sabre.  You are a dad before any of us .

Sabre:  what am i going to say to andrew ?

Mother:  nothing.  I doubt he will understand.

Sabre:  i can't lie that well. But I don't want andrew to get hurt over something i did .

.....

Jack:  Jordan!  Stop lying to me .

Jordan ; jack,  I'm sorry but I still love you. I shot him in the eye and got to my feet . it broke my heart when i saw blood dripping down across his cheek.

Jack:  Jordan,  i guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree . has sabre ever told about chris .

Jordan:  that name is familiar.

Jack : sabre killed my dad ! Chris was my dad but he died trying to save my mother.

Jordan:  it was friendly fire.  He got in the way-

Jack:  i thought you didn't know who he was .

Jordan:  mom told me stories . so was all of this just a lie ? Was i just another chess piece. Were you ever my friend.

Jack:  yes. I was but then everything changed and so did i .

Jordan:  you go ahead and shoot me . i give up...