Chapter 6

Thanks for reading! I hope you're enjoying so far.

****

"Will you be able to come tomorrow?"

Fran had yet another performance day tomorrow, and while she tried to avoid asking Tony if he'd be able to make it, this time she couldn't wait. Usually she didn't ask because she didn't want herself going into her performances with a troubled and sad mind.

Today she couldn't wait.

They were both seated at the dining table, papers and a laptop surrounding Tony and food surrounding Fran. She swallowed her food and waited for his answer.

He was hesitating. That probably wasn't a good sign.

"I-I'm not sure, Fran. Your show tomorrow starts at eight, and I have a meeting that's supposed to last until eight thirty. I'm going to try my damn best to leave early, you know that." He had looked up from his papers to meet her eyes. They softened when her expression visibly softened.

"It's alright, I'll be fine."

"Fran," he murmured and reached across the table for her hand.

"No, no,"  she shook her head. "Don't worry about me, focus on your meetings."

"C'mon, baby, I've never missed a show and I'm not gonna start now," Tony stated. It was true, and she really hoped he wouldn't miss the show tomorrow. As selfish as it was, she was so so happy that he came to every show. She didn't know what would happen if he didn't show up.

"Alright, if you say so," she answered. She tried not to show him how worried she was.

"Come here, Fran," Tony stated. She shook her head.

"You're in the middle of paperwork."

"When has that ever stopped you?" He questioned. She blushed.

"Fine. But don't blame me if you get distracted." Fran walked over and sat in his lap, bringing her blanket around them. She nuzzled her face in his neck and listened as his typing started up again.

Sure enough, a few moments later his hands stopped typing and she felt them begin to rub her back. Fran sighed and cuddled closer. Tony's hands drifted lower and lower until they were fully resting on her bottom. She smiled, then frowned when he started to rub it.

"You can put your hands there, Tony, but nothing is going to happen. It's a performance night, you know that," she said softly into his ear. He groaned.

"I know, but it was worth the shot," he responded, and she felt his cheeks tighten in a grin. They sat quietly for several minutes, only the sound of papers rustling in the background.

Her last performance had been the second time she'd allowed them to have sex the night before she was to dance the next evening. Sometimes, she'd said, it was distracting for her to think about what they'd done while performing.

That statement had led to a lot of poking fun at Fran for not being able to focus.

Tony's laughter was quickly stopped with a grab to his crotch, and he hadn't made a joke about it ever since. Now, if she said no the night before a performance, he was careful to keep his mouth shut.

Fran's breath landed on the base of Tony's neck when she breathed, and he tried not to let it affect him. He really, really tried to ignore it but it just wasn't working.

"Are you seriously getting hard right now?" Fran asked. Damn it, he'd thought she'd fallen asleep.

"Yeah," he smirked, "it's hard not to when the most beautiful woman in the world is on my lap."