Chapter 15

Hello everyone! Thank you for being patient with me. A lot of stuff is happening right now, but I'm trying to find the time to write when I can! Thanks for reading! :)

********

"Is she upstairs?"

Tony had called Nathan from the security room. He didn't know who else to call...Holly wasn't an option because Francesca wouldn't be able to talk to her about the problems she was facing.

Tony's problems.

Guilt filled him to the brim when Tony realized there were only two other people Fran knew, and they both worked for him. Because Nathan was such a father figure to her Tony figured it be best if he sent the man to talk to her.

"Yeah, she's in our room. She might scream at you, but try to be patient," Tony murmured. His eyes were glazed over and he had a dazed look on his face. Nathan clasped his hand on his shoulder.

"Go talk to Tate about attack plans, Sir. Distract yourself," Nathan suggested. Tony nodded blankly. Nathan jumped up the stairs three at a time and was gone before Tony could even blink. He stood. Maybe distracting himself was a good idea.

"Sir," Tate said loudly as he calmly stood with his hands clasped behind his back. Maran scrambled to his feet, dropping a sandwich in the process before repeating what Tate had said. Tony simply waved them off and plopped down in a chair.

"What plans have you made, Tate?" Tony questioned.

"Their shipment will arrive at the Loaded Marina in twelve days. I have yet to receive a time from my informant," Tate said. Tony nodded. The room fell silent after that, and Tony let a smile show. Maran just kept looking between him and his sandwich on the desk nervously.

"Go ahead, Maran. You don't need my permission to eat," Tony chuckled. Maran quickly grabbed for his sandwich and shoved it in his mouth. Tony felt guilty once again because here he was laughing when his wife was probably having an attack upstairs.

He pinched the bridge of his nose in an attempt to block the migraine he felt coming.

"Let me know when you've heard something definite," Tony muttered to Tate. He ignored the nod he received in response and focused his eyes on the several televisions showing different parts of the house. Everywhere in the house had a camera covering pretty much every single inch of the space, except the private rooms.

A few seconds later he watched as Nathan left his room with his wife following shortly behind. Nathan hugged Fran, rubbed her shoulders, said something to her, then jogged downstairs. Tony was on his feet to greet him when he entered the security room.

"What'd she say?" Tony winced at the desperation in his voice, but he really needed to know.

"I think we should speak privately, Mr. Romano," Nathan replied with his eyes downcast. Tony felt his eyebrows furrow in response.

"Fine," he bit out. Tony led the way to his office and threw himself into the chair. Nathan had to force a smile off of his face at the grown man throwing a tantrum.

"May I be frank, sir?" Nathan questioned. Tony nodded. "I think you need to get it through your thick head what you've actually done to her. None of us liked lying to her from the beginning but we did so because you were our boss. Now you've messed up her life permanently, and until you understand that, you won't be able to fix your marriage."

Tony blew out a breath. "Is that all?" His tone drawled sarcastically. Nathan gave a small nod then cast his eyes to the floor again. "Who's we?" He questioned.