Chapter 25

Hey guys! I'm updating like crazy! I'm on a roll for once in this book, and I'm super pumped about where it's going. I hope you guys are too!

Please tell me what you think so far.

Thank you so much for reading! I'll try to get another update out as soon as I can.

********

"Does that Italian scumbag know you're doing this?" Lucy's voice was snarky.

"He doesn't," Was Fran's short response. Since she'd blurted her acceptance of the child, her mind had kind of gone numb. She had made the decision so hastily, but she didn't regret it. It was more of the impact her decision would have on her life hitting her all at once.

"You've made this big of a decision without asking your husband?" She really wasn't holding anything back today.

"I don't need his permission, mother," she responded numbly. That was true, but Tony definitely would have liked to know before hand. That was a problem for later.

"I don't think you understand what you're doing," Fran's mom responded, "a child is a lot of responsibility."

"You'd know," Fran scoffed.

"Francesca!" Her mother shouted. Nathan took another step towards them, his shoes making a soft scuffling sound. Fran didn't apologize. They sat in silence for a minute.

She was dreading telling Tony what she'd just done. Their relationship was already so complicated at the moment and Fran had made it that much worse. She knew that that responsibility meant, and she may not be ready for it but she would try her best.

"Why do you want the kid? Have you thought it through? You know what—let's just—you go back home, Francesca, don't worry about the child." Her mom stood as if to excuse her from the house.

"I want it, mom, I really do," Fran assured, "I can't let my sibling go. I'l live in regret for the rest of my life if I don't." Lucy rolled her eyes and sat back down with a huff.

Francesca turned to Nathan and couldn't hold in her sobs. Seeing him reminded her of Tony, and...she ruined it. She'd ruined their marriage with one sentence.

Nathan and Maran looked at each other then Nathan reached for Fran.

"We'll be leaving now," he said bluntly. His arms picked Fran up and she found herself curling into him, looking for comfort. She didn't really remember the ride back to the safe house.

She could only recollect waking up a few hours later to a quiet room, entangled in the sheets. Fran rubbed her face with her fists and stumbled to the kitchen. Nathan was drinking a cup of coffee, and Maran was no where to be seen.

"Nathan?" His back was to her, but as soon as he heard her voice he set his coffee cup down and turned to face her.

"Mrs. Romano. How are you feeling?" He asked. She shrugged and got herself a glass of water. Before she could head back to her room to wallow, Nathan made her stop in her tracks.

"Boss would like you to call him, Mrs. Romano," he murmured. She stopped for a moment, nodded her head, and continued on her way.

Her room in this house was nothing like their old house. Nothing could ever compare to their old house, especially because it was gone now, but she really wanted to make some changes to this room. The walls were a dark brown and the furniture looked like the furniture her mother had when she was growing up.