Chapter 27

Hey guys! It's hard to say, but I believe we're around five chapters away from ending the Dancer and the Don...probably less! It's still a bit fuzzy, but that's where we're at here. It's so hard to say because this is the second book I've ever finished!

Thank you guys so much for being a part of this journey with me! I really appreciate all my readers, especially those few that have been loving this book since the beginning.

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

********

"Keep it away from me."

Lucy wouldn't stop complaining about the child she had birthed just minutes ago. Francesca's baby girl was still stuck with the doctor while she watched her mother get cleaned up. Lucy was acting like nothing had happened and Fran wondered just how much of her mother's mind was distorted to only think about herself.

Fran had assured Tony that she would call him back when their baby girl got back but he refused to hang up. His phone was lying face up on the counter while Tony washed his face and hands and changed his clothes.

She would ask him what happened later.

"Why don't you even want to see her, mom?"

"Because she's not my child," Lucy answered.

"If you won't see her, mom, you won't see me," Francesca demanded. There was no hesitation in her voice at all. When Fran left earlier in her life she had never planned on seeing her mother again. One weakness led her back to her toxic family but this time was different.

"Keep it away from me," Lucy repeated.

This time, nothing could bring her back to her mother. She didn't ever want her little girl meeting her biological mother.

She knocked on the inside of the door of the room and Maran opened it just a little to look at her.

"Mrs. Romano?"

"We need to move rooms."

"Your mother—"

"Have Nathan and the baby secure another room, we need to move rooms," she repeated.

"Francesca?" Tony's voice came from her phone. She'd forgotten he was still there. Fran bit her lip and hung up on him so they could focus on getting her to a new room. She picked up the bags she'd brought and turned back to Maran.

She didn't want her mother to every lay eyes one her baby.

"Nathan, we need to secure another room," Maran said, pushing one of his fingers into his earpiece. He must have gotten a relatively quick answer because he was pulling her out of the room and standing in front of her.

"Let's go Mrs. Romano, we have a backup room secured. They'll meet us there. I'm assuming your mother is not going with us?"

"No. Don't let her in the room, Maran."

"Yes ma'am." He walked besides her, his steps fast and long and Francesca had to work hard to keep up with him. Room 222 was going to be their new room and Fran's shoulders released their tension with a sigh.

"I'll be outside. Nathan will be here in a moment." Fran really really hoped Nathan hadn't left her child alone.

She sat on the bed in the room and pulled her phone out to call Tony back. Fifty three texts and twenty two missed calls greeted her when she turned it on. Fran gulped but hit the call button anyway.