Chapter 18

I'm getting sad because I'm losing the motivation to keep writing this book :( but I want to finish it for you guys! I hope you're liking it so far! Please let me know what you think.

********

Fran was very, very weak the next day.

Though she was upset with her husband for what he'd done to her, she was really glad they had talked out their problems...sort of. She was just happy they were both willing to try. This small amount of happiness towered over the cloud of sorrow she had been living in since the shooting, so she woke up her husband in a special way this morning.

She wasn't ready to have sex with him, so a kiss would have to do. Tony was usually a light sleeper so Fran figured she could kiss him lightly then begin to get ready for her day.

Tony had other plans.

Apparently he had been awake the entire time Fran was trying to figure out what she wanted to do. His lips met hers with full force when she bent down to kiss him, his hands cradling the back of her head. Their lips moved together softly, then a little harder when Fran relaxed her body atop Tony's. He grinned into the kiss.

"I love you," he whispered between kisses. That caused Fran to grin as well, and the kiss turned into a sloppy make out session. Her body shifted on top of his and he groaned, earning yet another smile from Fran.

She missed this.

"Sir?" Came Tate's voice along with a knock at their bedroom door. Tony and Francesca froze in the middle of a kiss until Fran pulled back and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Tony rested his hands on her thighs and sighed loudly.

"Yes, Tate?" He said back loudly. They heard Tate clear his throat.

"I just heard from my informant, the shipment's been moved up," he responded. Tony sat up and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Fran tried to crawl off of his lap but he tightened his grip and kept her there. She gave up after a few seconds and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Moved up? To when?" Tony questioned.

"Tonight," Tate answered. Fran heard Tony release an unfamiliar growl before looking at her with a small smile.

"Thank you, Tate," Tony said, dismissing the man outside their bedroom door. "We're going to have a busy day, Fran," he rubbed his pointer finger across her cheek and swept the hair out of her face, "let's get ready, hm?"

Hopes of having a relaxing morning full of more difficult conversations destroyed, Fran followed her husband to their bathroom. They stood side by side as they brushed their teeth and it was so, so difficult to hold back a smile when Tony watched his wife's eyes close while her hand sluggishly rubbed the tooth brush back and forth.

"Baby," he started with a grin, "wake up and finish." Fran's glare was ice cold and quickly wiped the grin off of Tony's face. She could get crabby when she didn't get what she wanted. They finished in the bathroom and both walked to the closet to pick out clothes for the day. Tony picked out simple black slacks and a white button down shirt and began to change. Fran sighed loudly, catching the attention of her husband.

She was pouting.

He finished pulling on his pants, pulled off his shirt from the night before, then wrapped his arms around his wife from behind. Fran sighed again.

"What do you need, Fran?" He asked quietly.

"You tell me, Tony. You're wearing nice pants and a nice shirt, but I really don't want to be walking around in a dress and heels all day. Will they care?" She asked honestly. Fran turned around in his grip to stare at him as he narrowed his eyes in confusion.