Chapter 1 (updated)

Updated 8-12-21

Marinette woke with a jolt, sitting up in her bed. What happened last night? Did I...? She raised her hands and buried her face in them, groaning in embarrassment. Oh no!

After years of working together, her and Chat were finally a little closer. They had gotten comfortable with each other and, after each battle, shared a hug and spent time talking with each other about the battle, or sometimes just sitting there in comfortable silence. Last night, after an intense akuma battle, they were sitting on the top of a building, as usual, but their emotions were higher than usual as they discussed the battle, and eventually the topic shifted to disappointments that they had had in their lives.

"You've always been the only one, Chat." She saw his eyes glint hopefully but she ignored it and continued, "the only one who has never truly disappointed me."

In response to her looking down at the passing traffic with a faraway look, Chat scooted closer and put an arm around her, pulling her close. "I'll always be here for you LB." He squeezed her shoulder gently and leaned his head on her other shoulder. Ladybug laid her head on top of his.

There was a long moment of peaceful silence between them. During this time Ladybug was thinking about all the time that she had spent with Chat Noir over the years, all the things that she had told him and never told anyone else. He had proven himself to be a trustworthy companion and he somehow always knew exactly what to say. He had become her rock. He had stopped pushing her to see him romantically and, through all of this, she had actually begun to see him in the way that he had always wanted her to.

She lifted her head and looked down at him, leaning against her, and he must have seen the emotion in her eyes. He lifted his head from her shoulder and spun his body so that he was now facing her, his left leg, the one further from the edge of the building, crossed in front of him.

One side of Chat's lips quirked up as he looked at his partner with intense, focused eyes. Ladybug looked back at him, not shying away from his hungry gaze like she usually would.

He took this as a good sign and leaned towards her, looking at her lips, before pausing and looking back into her eyes to gauge her reaction. Her focus had not changed, she was still looking into his eyes, but when he saw her gaze quickly flit to his lips and back up to his eyes he smirked and leaned in even closer. He placed his palm on the ground right next to her leg, his fingers tickling her thigh as he switched some of his weight onto his arm and caused his face to inch even closer to hers.

He didn't want to ruin the moment that they had but he had to check. "You sure you're ok with this?"

When she didn't give a negative response or pull away from him, his other hand came up to rest between her shoulder blades. Still, he hesitated, not wanting to push her.

But the girl opposite of him found his behavior and his restraint extremely attractive, even sexy (though she would never admit to that), so much so that she acted on her own. She leaned forward, covering the rest of the space between them, and placed her lips on his in a kiss that startled him with its insistence and passion.

Without allowing herself to think or hesitate, Ladybug lifted her arms and wrapped them around the leather-clad boy's neck, leaning into him so that their bodies were pressed against each other.

Both of the superheroes pushed away their doubts and their better judgement, instead focusing on the heat of their bodies and how it felt to finally touch each other. In doing this, they both got lost in each other and forgot about the boundaries that they always tried to stay within. They went way out of the bounds of their unspoken rules.