Chapter 16

Marinette was awakened from sleep by the ringing of her cell phone. It was Alya. Marinette answered the call

"Hello," she greeted groggily.

"Girl," Alya shouted into the phone. "What happened last night? Did you talk to Chat?"

Marinette grunted into the phone as she sat up in bed. "Oh my gosh Alya. Give me a minute to wake up."

"Sorry," her friend replied sheepishly.

Marinette yawned. She rubbed her face then slapped it lightly few times, hoping to wake herself up a bit. She then turned her attention back to her impatient friend. "Good morning Alya," she said teasingly.

"I'm sorry Marinette. But can you please tell me what happened last night." Alya was frantic, she had to know if her ship was going to get together.

"Well..." Marinette thought back on last night.

"Come on girl! Just tell me all the details."

Marinette chuckled. "Well, after patrol we met up at the Eiffel Tower as usual and sat together. We talked about the baby for a while. I told him he would be a great dad." Marinette tried to breeze right over that part and move on to something else, but her journalist friend heard it.

"Awwww. He is good with kids, isn't he?"

"Yah, yah." Marinette sighed. "After that I was so emotional that I suddenly told him that I love him. But it dragged out a while because I was so shy that I had to tell him several times before he heard it. Thinking about it now, I'm really embarrassed." Marinette covered her face with her hands, despite the fact that she was alone in her bedroom.

"Oh, come on girl, it's all right." Alya spoke gently for a moment, but then went back to interrogating her friend. "How did he react to your announcement?"

"He got super excited and told me that he loves me to." Marinette was blushing furiously. "I told him how I wanted him in my baby's life, but I was scared, and he told me that everything would be fine, and he would be with me the whole time."

"Man," Alya cheered, "you guys really are meant for each other."

"And," Marinette cut in before her friend could start gushing about her relationship. "He came up with an idea."

Alya was confused. "An idea for what?"

"For when to reveal ourselves without having an awkward conversation leading up to it." Marinette stopped talking.

"Come on, tell me what his idea was," Alya said firmly.

Marinette grinned, thinking about her Cat. "After the next akuma attack we're going to go somewhere and de-transform together. We'll find out who the other one is and hopefully it will feel more natural and not so awkward." Marinette stopped and waited to hear what her friend had to say.

"Hmm," Alya replied, in thought. "Not a bad idea. It also means that it won't be too long before it happens."

"Which is good," Marinette said, knowing her next statement would really get her friend excited. "Because I invited him to come to my OB-GYN appointment next week... as his civilian self."

Alya squealed. "Yes! I don't know who he is going to turn out being, but I know that you guys are going to be so cute together." She screamed again before she took several deep breaths to calm down. "Sounds like a good idea that you two came up with," she said casually, trying to downplay her reaction.

"Yah." Marinette knew exactly what her friend was doing but chose to ignore it. "Guess what else happened?"

"What?" Marinette had to pull her phone from her ear because of how loud her friend was being. After Marinette placed the phone back against her ear, she heard her friend speaking. "Marinette, please tell me what happened. I have to know everything."

Marinette laughed. "You are crazy, but I love you." She continued. "So, we were sitting together after our conversation, just cuddling and his hand is resting on my stomach, you know?"

"Come on, just tell me. Get on with it."

"Well, his hand was resting on my stomach and then baby Louis kicked – right under his hand!" Marinette heard her best friend freaking out as she continued talking. "It was the most magical moment. That was the first time I've felt him kick and it happened with his father right there. It was like he knew that that was his dad and he wanted to say hello." She sighed. "It was amazing."

"Oh my gosh girl! How cool?"

Marinette smiled, but then looked down at the clock on her bedside table and jump out of bed. "Oh my gosh," Marinette freaked out. "Sorry Alya, but I've got to get ready for school. I'll see you there." She quickly ended the call and got ready for her day.

- - -

The day progressed slowly for Marinette. She spent the whole time tensed up, waiting for anything that would indicate there was an akuma attack.

Even though she was excited to move on to a new level with Chat, she was still so nervous about the reveal that was inevitable. Who would she find him to be under his mask? Would he be disappointed that she was Marinette? She had so many thoughts tumbling around in her mind, fighting for dominance, it was pure chaos.

The school day ended and there had been no attacks. Marinette sighed as she headed home, knowing that she would simply end up continuing her waiting. At this point she was just ready for an akuma to attack so that she could see Chat and get all the waiting done with.

It was less than a minute after she had gotten home and settled herself in her room when Marinette got a message for Alya telling that there was an akuma attack in the city. She didn't hesitate to call out "spots on" and rush to the save the day.

When she got there, her and Chat shared a look and she could tell that he too had been waiting for this moment, likely with impatience. But right now, they had to defeat the villain sent by Hawkmoth.

Soon enough their miraculouses would start beeping at them as they always did, and they would have to run to de-transform somewhere safe. But this time, they would do it together.