Chapter 17

The akumatized villain was finally defeated. Ladybug purified the akuma and called out "Miraculous Ladybug!" Everything went back to normal; the chaos settled, and all the damage dealt in the fight was reversed.

The pair were comforting the poor victim, but they were interrupted when they heard Chat's ring beep. Ladybug looked at her partner to see his reaction. They held eye contact for several moments, until they were again interrupted, this time by Ladybug's miraculous beeping.

Chat shook himself out of his stupor and held his hand out to his other half. "Shall we M'Lady?" She nodded shyly and took his hand as he led her away from the center of attention.

They wandered for a little while, holding hands, until they found a safe place for them to reveal their identities. They walked down the bank of the Seine and found a little alcove where they would not be seen by the public and where the running of the river made for a calm atmosphere.

Once they made it to the relative safety of their hiding place, they faced each other, grasping hands. "You ready?" Chat murmured.

Ladybug nodded firmly.

It was only a few seconds later that Chat's miraculous beeped for the final time. There was a flash of neon green lights and then Chat Noir became... Adrien Agreste?

Ladybug's jaw dropped. "Adrien?" She was stunned. "Adrien Agreste is the father of my child," she muttered under her breath. Ladybug simply looked at her partner in awe for several moments.

Then Ladybug's earrings beeped and again the pair was bathed in magical light, this time pink. After the transformation wore off Marinette slowly opened her eyes and looked up to see Adrien's reaction.

He was grinning widely. "Marinette? I'm so glad it's you." He sighed.

Marinette glanced down at her feet before looking back up at him. "You're not disappointed?"

"Disappointed? Never." He hugged her with intensity for a moment then pulled back. "I've been struggling with some things recently, and this solves everything."

Her face scrunched up in confusion and she timidly asked, "What have you been struggling with?"

"Well..." Adrien blushed, and Marinette giggled to see him so nervous. "I've kinda developed this crush on you recently," he avoided eye contact with her. "But I had to deny it because of my relationship with you, er, I mean Ladybug, or..." He sighed in exasperation. "I really like you Marinette," he concluded as their eyes finally met, "and now I don't have to hide it."

Marinette was blushing furiously and glancing down at her feet repeatedly. She looked up and admitted, "I've always liked you Adrien. I've had a crush on you since you lent me your umbrella freshman year. But since you never noticed me that way I had pretty much given up. Then six months ago this thing happened," she gestured between the two of them and then towards her stomach, "between me and Chat, or you I guess..." Her rambling trailed off. "But I guess I have hope now, huh?" She smiled at him crookedly.

His responding smile practically split his face. "I think there is definitely potential for us." He smirked. "But maybe we should test it – just in case."

He glanced down at her lips and Marinette laughed. "I think that might be a wise decision."

With that Adrien backed Marinette up against a tree. He tried to push his body up against hers but was halted by her bulging belly. He chuckled and but then didn't hesitate before bending down. He gently stroked her stomach, rubbing circles, and causing her to shiver.

He squatted down so that his face was level with her stomach. He caressed her as he moved his hands to rest on her hips, with his thumbs continue to stroke her gently. He looked up at her with what Marinette could only describe as pure love in his eyes. He leaned his head forward and slowly kissed her tummy through the fabric of her shirt.

Marinette smiled serenely when she realized what he was doing. She reached down and ran her fingers through his hair. When he moved his head back to lean into her hand Marinette reached down with her other hand to lift her shirt up, revealing her ever-growing baby bump.

He looked up at her with joy in his eyes, asking for permission. When she nodded slightly, he leaned back down and again kissed her stomach, this time with nothing to stop his lips from making contact with her skin.

As Adrien peppered light kisses all over her stomach Marinette moved her other hand to rest on top of his hand on her hip. He faced his hand out so that he could grasp her hand tightly but didn't stop his kisses.

After a while Adrien did pause his kisses and just rested his head on her stomach, hugging her and the baby. He looked up at her and said with complete sincerity, "I love you and this baby with everything I have. I would give up anything for your happiness and safety, and for his."

Her eyes softened. "Adrien?" Her looked at her in question. As he was looking at her, he saw her eyes shift from soft and gentle to intense and sultry. She crooked her finger at him, gesturing for him to stand up and get closer to her. Adrien was blown away. He had never seen Marinette like this, but he found that he had no power over himself when she was like this and asked something of him.

He straightened and took a step to get closer to her. She crooked her finger again. Falling into the mood that she had set, Adrien's eyes became serious. He rested one hand on the tree behind her, close to her head, and leaned his face towards hers until their noses were nearly touching.

He glanced down at her lips, but she had other plans. She reached her hand up to the back of his head and pulled him forward so that they were cheek to cheek. Her mouth was right up against his ear and Adrien shivered as he felt her lips brush against his ear. "Adrien?" she whispered breathily.

"Yes?" he practically choked out.

"Baby," she paused again and on the inside Adrien was freaking out. How was he supposed to control himself when she acted like this? "I love you so much."

She kissed his ear and Adrien couldn't keep it in any longer. He pulled back and looked at her for a moment, taking in all her beauty, then he practically leaped on her and began kissing her with a passion.

Adrien leaned against her, their bodies pressed together as much as possible, with Marinette's protruding stomach. They were kissing and kissing, touching and touching. When they paused for breath, both panting, Marinette asked in a falsely innocent voice, "so about that ultrasound appointment?..."

"Shhh, Marinette." He held up a finger to her lips, "we'll talk about that later."

When she heard him say her name in that husky voice, she gave up her farce. Instead she slowly kissed his finger.

They continued on, getting reacquainted with their love for each other now that they knew who the other was without the mask. They were so absorbed in each other that neither of them noticed the passing of time or the fact that it was now dark, and stars were coming out.