†11†

CHAPTER ELEVEN
FIGHT AFTER FIGHT PT.2

"To the bridge of Khazad-dum!" Gandalf shouted alarmingly, never did Nesryn get a second to rethink, refocus on her surrounding, for the wizard began running to the only exit that lay littered with newer corpses of Orcs and one slightly bigger of a Cave Troll they had defeated. 

Nesryn followed shortly after, meeting again with an enormous hall previously deadly silent all full of dispersed memories as piling on behind the Fellowship were masses of  Orcs, ten times more than the number they had defeated in Balin's tomb. She did want to stand and fight, yet no matter the small amount of common sense she had when it came to battling, it told her ten fighters could not defeat a whole army of enemies— so she ran. Cries and screeches echoed in that enclosed space, Nesryn giving them no attention as she even picked her speed up— her heart accelerated, hammering against her chest that she knew if Orcs closed in on them, there would be no escape.

Room after room it became harder to keep track of where to go, each spacious hall rather bigger than the last, full of Orcs as Nesryn hurried forward being the fastest aside Gandalf and Legolas, yet it was unavoidable to stop in the end; Orcs and Goblins have surrounded them on every side, Nesryn knowing they'd never be able to reach that bridge anymore. She heaved to a stop close to one, the creature baring its rotten teeth at the woman, snarling like an angry wolf as she pulled an arrow out of Legolas' quiver and sent in hurling to the middle of Orc's forehead. It dropped dead.

"Anyone else?" She challenged,  pointed a dagger at one Orc, her hand still, only weavering the Orc as it charged at the woman; she ducked under its blunt sword, cutting the flesh of his arm completely off as it stumbled forward producing a wail of utter pain, before Nesryn side stepped and finished it. She wiped a hand on her leathery outfit, throwing away the glove which had collected a gruesome amount of green slime.

The woman had realised, as Orcs and Goblins advanced they could not hold them any longer, granting her wish a mighty roar which shook the creatures to a stop; chatter rippled through their ranks, scared shrieks and wails of collective, tense screaming as a flame erupted from behind. Red and orange, like a sea of fire dancing in its whole cruelty illuminated the back room, growling as if somebody had let a hungry wolf out. Nesryn rose her dagger toward it, in the distance only flames which advanced in enormous speed to them.

Then the fiery chasm once again erupted into a roar, so powerful, deep it had made Nesryn consider rising her weapon against it again; it weighted down her weary arm, she letting it clatter to her feet as if it was of no further use for the Orcs and Goblins began panicking suddenly. Their attention was not on Nesryn and her companions anymore, but on the creature, that monsterous thing that had produced such powerful roars it had scared them. The land shook again, this time as the monster advanced and as scared Orcs lowered their weapons. And fled.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir said to Gandalf, already had the wizard began to pull back as the monster growled again.

"Yes, I'd like to know as well." Nesryn answered rather calmly, for it could be seen on her on the outside yet on the inside she panicked greatly.

"A Balrog, a demon of the ancient world." Gandalf said an answer to their questions, slowly and fearfully keeping the monster in his sight. "This foe is beyond any of you. Run!"

It took Nesryn a lot longer to react, a lot slower she began running once the precious dagger was in her hold again, tripping over carelessly strewn stones in her way; she had gotten a sight, clear as daylight of the demon that chased them that it shook her into utter dysfunction for she had never felt such thing, and yet it left her wondering of the dangers it provided. She pulled herself together shortly after, avoiding a bottomless pit the Fellowship passed seconds before her as she hurried to a door on the other side, and narrowly missed a sharp turn of stairway which could let to her death if it were not for her keen eye.