♫Fake smile♫

thank you for the idea of the song used in this chapter Dream_Turtles the song will be playing in the background for this chapter, so play it when you like!

But how can I replace you, when I can't find anyone that makes me forget you exist?

After the performance, (Y/n) huddled her way over to get herself a drink. She didn't see Tom in the audience, but she knew he was there.

"Fancy seeing you here," A voice said from behind her. (Y/n) closed her eyes and sighed, before carrying on pouring herself a drink.

"Come on darling, don't give me the silent treatment. Say something,"

"What do you want me to say?" (Y/n) shouted turning around to face Tom Holland. He looked her in the eye. This was the first time he'd seen her properly since everything kicked off.

"It was a mistake-" He started but was soon cut off.

"That's what they all say once they've realised how much they fucked up," She spoke.

"(Y/n) please, it's not like that," He pleaded, all he wanted was to tell her the truth, even if she still hated him after.

"Don't you know how much you hurt me, Tom? You took my heart and threw it into a million pieces. The stuff they wrote  about me for leaving, for blocking myself from the world, blocking the world from breaking me again. I can't keep holding up this fake smile when I'm on the verge of giving up. You know what, fuck love," She sobbed, tears welling in her eyes.

"Fuck love? Say that to the sleepless nights I've had worrying if you're ok, if you're safe. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes, I hurt people," Tom argued back.

"Hurt?" (Y/n) laughed, voice cracking a little, "I'm fucking hurt- and don't act like you care, because if you did, you wouldn't of done what you did. One stupid 'mistake' changes everything,"

"I'll say it once again. It was a mistake, a drunken mistake. I don't think you understand how much I hate myself for it," Tom looked around, both of them now noticing everyone at the party staring.

"You've has your fun, party's over! Everyone out!" Ariana shouted trying to save her little sister. (Y/n) looked at Tom in the eye one more time, tears now slowly falling from her eyes. Then she ran in the opposite direction, out of the party. As far away as possible. She can't fake another smile.

"(Y/n) wait!" He went to follow her but got cut off by Ari, her arms crossed and a pissed look on her face.

"It's fine, I'm going," He sighed his head before turning around and leaving.

-

(Y/n) Grande walked to find her car and get the hell out of here. But as she searched for the keys in her coat pocket, she was unsuccessful. She facepalmed remembering both her car keys and apartment keys were still in her bag at the party- and she was not going back now.

(Y/n) started to walk into the city, it was about 5 miles away from her cousins' house, so hopefully she could stay the night. As she started getting closer to the hustle and bustle of New York people started to notice her, pointing her out. Soon the paparazzi were surrounding her, taking photos of Grande with drizzled mascara stains on her cheeks.

"What happened about the fight with your ex Tom Holland?" One person shouted out. How do they know already? (Y/n) tried to push her way past the crowds, the cameras flashed in her eyes blinding her vision.

All of a sudden, a roaring car horn was herd as the brakes slammed right beside the huddle of paparazzi and the singer. The car horn honked again making everyone move out the way. The window opened.

"Need a lift home?" They spoke. (Y/n) stood there thinking for a short second then hopped in the car and slammed the door shut.

"Ok, I'm not talking to you, just drop me off at my cousins," (Y/n) put her seatbelt on and crossed her arms looking out the window.

"Wasn't gonna try," Tom sighed. There was complete silence for a minute or so.

"I don't hate you," She promised, "It just hurts being around you,"

"You have every reason to hate me, but I just-" Tom stopped himself from saying anymore, shaking his head and laughing.

"Just?" (Y/n) questioned.

"Nope nothing," He shook his head again, now smiling a little.

"Come'n?" (Y/n) spoke a little. He shook his head once again, smiling. But as soon as she looked outside it turned to a frown. He loved her still, but she didn't love him anymore.

"You've just passed my cousins house-" (Y/n) spoke pointing out the window.

I don't like this chapter.. but if anyone has any Ariana songs they want in the book, message me! My messages aren't working so I won't be able to reply so just write your song idea :)xx