Introduction

"Hello. My name is Annabelle. I am only 3 years old but my mind is older. I have a little secret but I'm not going to tell you until I know you better. I mean I just met you. So, what's your name again?"

"Zoey..."

"Okay. Well to get to each other better, what's your favorite color?"

"Green I guess." Zoey said while sounding annoyed.

"Okay. Mine is purple. What about favorite food?" Annabelle said forcefully.

"Spaghetti." Zoey gave a short answer because she really wasn't in the mood for this girl who just kept talking to her. She wanted this girl to just leave. She was really starting to get on her nerves.

"EWWWW SPAGHETTI!"

"Bye."

"What? Why are you leaving? I thought we were having a nice conversation!"

"You were having a nice conversation. Oh, I just heard my dad say my name! Got to go."

Annabelle's POV
I know that her dad didn't call for her. My ears are better than anyone's. Who does she think she is? Ugh I guess I'll just have to go find someone else to talk to. I mean, it was all good until she just lied to me.

Zoey's POV
Oh my gosh that girl is so annoying. I didn't want to talk to her in the first place. I gave her short answers because I really don't care. If "he" started to ask me questions like that I would ramble on and keep talking to him. He's so cute. I can't tell anyone that I like him. I mean I kind of haven't met him but like, that's okay, right? That girl needs to leave me alone. I am so annoyed of her. I had to lie to her to get away.

That's when I see my older brother come towards me.

"Hey, do you have any friends yet?" He said to me.

"No..." I really wasn't in the mood to talk to him. I knew that he would just laugh and show off his new "friends" to me.

"Neither do I." He said. That shocked me. But I can't trust that. He probably has a plan. He is the smartest 8 year old that I know. Considering that I only really know my family because my brother had troubles in his past schools and my parents didn't want to put me through that.

My brother had to go with the kids at his age and it wasn't mingle time anymore. This first day of school thing was scary because my brother told me that a lot of times they will play a game to get to know each other and I don't want to do that. I am too shy to just talk about myself in front of everyone.

That's when a teacher named Mrs. Paratoe said "I need all of the kids in my class to come here." I don't remember the name of my teacher and I thought I recognized this one so I just went ahead and the teacher asked what my name was to see if I was in her class.

"What's your name sweetie?" she said to me sounding doubtful.

"Zoey Telias."

"I'm afraid you're not in my class..."

"YEAH LITTLE GIRL!" I heard someone say. I hope this doesn't get worse...

"Okay...sorry." This was so embarrassing!

"No that's okay. Just go to your teacher, okay?"

I didn't know what to say because I couldn't just go to my teacher unless I knew who my teacher was. But I only managed to say "okay."

I am too embarrassed to do anything next so I just walked away. This room is big and everyone is crowding for their teacher. I don't know where to go. The classes are starting to leave. what oh what do I do?!

2 MINUTES LATER IN THE CLASSROOM

"Hello everyone. I am Mrs. Parker. I am taking attendance to see if everyone's here."

*kids talk to each other*

"It looks like one little girl named Zoey isn't here, has anyone seen anybody named Zoey?"

"NOOOO" 14 kids say in unison.

"Umm I have." one girl says.

"You have, Annabelle? Is she here today?" the teacher asks.

"I think so, I saw her in the big room that we started in."

"I wonder if she got tangled up with a different class..."