Lost and Found

Zoey's POV
Everyone is in their classrooms and I am left in this big room. I have no clue who my teacher is and they will probably count me as absent. What will my parents say when they find out...? What do i do? I considered going into a bunch of classrooms until I found mine but that would be so embarrassing and I don't want to do that. What do I do?

So then I just sit down on a small bench in hopes someone will come for me later but I'm too scared to do anything myself. So then I just start thinking. What if Annabelle just wanted to be my friend and I was just being rude? What if I stayed with her and I was in my classroom now? I probably still wouldn't appreciate it because I wouldn't know what would have happened if I didn't stay with her. But now I have this... No, Zoey don't think that way. You were just trying to get away because you were annoyed with your mom this morning. It will be okay.

Flashback of this morning
I am going to my first school and I don't know what to think about it.

"Hey Zoey! Are you excited to go to your first school?" my brother asks me.

I think about it. But not really. I just wanted to stay home and play all day. It was a good way to escape from home though. If I went to school I wouldn't have to worry about my parents annoying me about trying to teach me at home.

"Eh, I'm not sure how to feel about it because I am not sure how it will turn out." I managed to say even though I wanted to just scream about how bad it will be.

Then he started to get boring and I couldn't focus anymore. So I just tuned out. Then I heard him say "it won't be that bad if" and then I started focusing because I needed to know how to make it seem as good as it can because I know that it will suck. So then I listen for the rest of his sentence.

He pauses...he asks me if I am still listening and I am glad that I was at that time or my mom would be mad at me for not listening to my brother when he was trying to talk to me.

I tell him yes and he starts to continue.

"School really won't be that bad if you meet this one little boy that I met yesterday while I was trying to see who was in your class, at the parent meeting that mom made me go to. His name is Philip. I'm not sure of his last name though."

back to the present
I should've asked him then who my teacher was. He must've known if he was able to find out who was in my class. Then I wouldn't be in this horrible situation. I am going to be so embarrassed!

back to flashback
I shove the name into the back of my mind for later. later, he can be mine.

he goes on and tells me how cute he is and how he saw a little girl eyeing him while talking to the boy as if she was guarding him. as if he were hers. he said she was probably his sister but I thought otherwise.

that's when I know that Philip is going to be my boyfriend. that girl was obviously trying to protect her crush and my dumb brother just can't see that.

my mother, margarita walks in. she starts adding to the conversation as if she was there the whole time. she said "yes, little zozey you will meet great friends and have so much fun at school." I hated when she called me Zozey but I had to live with it no matter how mad it made me because if I told her that I didn't like it she would get mad and my dad would kill me. He is way too overprotective over my mom. Especially when it comes to us kids. it's like he doesn't want us. it's like my mother is the only thing that matters to him in this world.

my brother then says "mom, you can't hide it. I saw you hiding behind the refrigerator and was just waiting for you to pop out. can you stop?" then my mom got mad and I was scared to see what my dad would do to us. it was time to leave for school...

Back to present
it's been an hour! when's lunch? when will anyone be in this room again? do I even want them to find me? I will have to hide.

that's when I see someone come out of a door.

they said "what the hell are you doing out here, little girl?" that language kind of bugs me but she looked like someone serious, someone that you just can't mess with.

so I just said, "I can't find my teacher. I should've said something sooner."

"yes, you should've. now get the f**k over here."

I think to myself, "this is going to be a long day..."

AN:
sorry for not capitalizing the first letter of the sentences I need to switch my settings but I hope you liked it so far. if you have any suggestions just tell me in the comments.