The Search for Alexis

Zoey's POV
this girl was really confusing me. how would nobody know about her? why would she care? would a teacher even want to be called by their first name? Alexis really wasn't that tall but even so, she could just be a short adult. I decided to ask, "so why can't anybody know about you"

she paused for a moment. this shouldn't be a hard question especially if she is a teacher. this fears me. I don't know what to think about her anymore. she just says, "you will understand when you get older but sometimes you will not want to be rewarded for the things you do. you would just like it to be a mystery so somebody knows that there really are nice people in this world. don't worry about it, kid."

that worried me. a lot. people like for other people to know that they are nice and know what they have done. so why was she trying to hide it? this girl was very suspicious and I didn't know what to think of it. when she said not to worry it just worried me even more. but then we arrived at the office.

Alexis opened the door for me and closed it behind me. then she whispered, "do you want to go to your classroom? this scared me a lot. I decided to tell her yes so hopefully I could be safe. she was really starting to creep me out. maybe I should go alone. how would I tell her to leave me though? and how would I find my way?

so I just said, "yes, where are we?"

"you're a smart little one to know that this isn't the office. I just had to take you here just in case you wanted to run away with me. I MEAN WHAT I DIDNT SAY THAT!" Alexis said.

"don't yell, Alexis, if this is a secret place that you don't want anyone to know about, we have to be quiet. now take me to the office."

"Okay smartie."

we came out of the small room and I wondered what that room was. But I couldn't think about that I had to think of what will happen next. but I couldn't. What did Alexis mean when she asked if I wanted to run away with her? i was so confused but I couldn't worry about it. but I also couldn't trust Alexis that much.

we arrived at what I think is the real office and Alexis told me that she isn't going to be going in and she told me to tell the person at the desk my name, my age, and how I needed to know who my teacher was. she also told me to tell them that this morning I went to the wrong teacher and that I have been wandering around the school trying to find someone to help me all morning.

this really confused me. I asked her why she can't just go in and tell them that. she just said that she didn't want to be noticed. I opened the door and dragged her in. she pulled away. some older woman walked over to me and asked me what I needed. I totally paused. I couldn't say anything. she was scary.

but I had to say something. I couldn't just stand there. so I said "hello, my name is Zoey and I am 3 years old. I can't find my classroom." I paused. I had to tell her about Alexis. I couldn't lie. So I added, "my friend Alexis brought me here so you could help me."

the girl asked for Alexis's last name and asked where she was. I had to spill the beans.

"I don't know her last name but she is really nice. she is hiding behind the door, I think."

I had to spill the beans but what I didn't spill is the secret room.

Alexis pinched my foot.

I figured that was a punishment for telling that woman about her.

The office lady told me to come in. So I did. She then walks out the door but doesn't fully close it. She just holds it open. She looks behind the door and looks confused. I figure that Alexis had hid.

"Where did you say Alexis was?"

"Behind the door. Is she not there anymore?"

"No..."

The woman tells me to have a seat on a small chair and don't move. She walks back into another room and comes out with a man. She tells him to look for a small girl named Alexis and bring her back. She tells me again, to stay in the chair. She goes the other way and opens a new door. She says, "Can I borrow a few people?"

She walks in and closes the door behind her. I can't hear what she is saying now. I feel bad for Alexis and I shouldn't have told anyone about her. Maybe this is the real reason why she didn't want me to tell anyone. No, it couldn't have been. why does she not want the office to know about her? The real reason is that she is hiding. I wonder why she is doing this but I don't have time to think about that right now because the woman comes out with two new people.

One of them says, "how many days has she been absent?"

Wait, had Alexis been hiding herself because she was hiding the fact of being absent? Or running away? is that why she asked me if I wanted to run away with her? Is Alexis a...runaway?