Will I ever see her Again?

Zoey's POV
So I guess Alexis is a student. I wonder when they will find Alexis. The first woman came to me and the other two went out of the office.

She says to me, "your friend will be okay. She's just in a little bit of trouble. We want to keep you safe. So what do you say we go find your teacher and classmates? you can spend the rest of the day with them."

I want to be kept updated on Alexis. I wonder if I will ever see her again.

"Will I ever get to see Alexis again?" I ask.

"Oh, you're worried about your friend. It wasn't planned for you to see her again but if you would like, I can schedule some time for you to both come to the office and talk for maybe a half an hour one day."

that's not enough. she is my best friend. she is my only friend. I miss her already. I guess this is what having a real friend feels like. this sucks. i don't like to have to miss people like this. I mean, I like to have Alexis but missing her is the hard part. I guess it's just because she could be in trouble and I am worried for her and it could possibly be my fault.

"That would be great except for the part where it's only one day. I would like to see her every day."

"Aww I would love to be able to do that but unfortunately I can't do that because you need to be able to have your full learning time. learning is very important and I can't take you away from class a bunch of times just to see Alexis."

this makes me sad but it is somewhat understandable. I can't cook anything up to say though.

"Okay..." is all I could manage to say even though my mind is racing with new thoughts. I don't know what to say other than okay though.

"So what's your last name, Zoey?"

"Telias..."

"Okay, you're in Ms. Trewla's class. You ready to go...?