Alexis Is Caught

Zoey's POV
I wasn't ready to go. I wanted to stay here. I already hated school. This was going to be a long day. I had to fight back saying no but I couldn't lie.

"Yes ma'am, I mean, no, I mean..." that was when I burst out in tears. I just couldn't leave Alexis in this situation, especially when it's my fault. I have to do something. But...what? I have to think of something and fast.

"I know it's hard on your first day of school but you'll be fine. The kids are very nice here, all of them." she told me. I still wasn't so sure that they were all amazingly nice how she made them sound.

But the truth was, that wasn't even the problem.

"I can't leave Alexis like this!" I barely managed to say while fighting back the tears. Breathe in...breathe out...I just couldn't. I just started to sob.

"Don't cry, little one. Come on," she took my hand, "let's go to your classroom and I can schedule some time later for you to be with Alexis, okay?"

I couldn't go to my classroom when I was crying and I couldn't look like I just cried either. That would be their first impression of me. I don't want them to see that in me.

"Okay." No! It's not okay! How could you say that Zoey? I couldn't say anything else. I felt trapped. Forced. I had no choice but to go to my classroom for the first time looking terrible!

"Okay let's go," she opened the door and led me through. I had to do something, and I had to do it fast. But, the only issue is I have no idea what to do...I pondered on the thought. What could I do? All that did was waste time.

I had no time. I had to go to my classroom.

"You can call me Ms. Dandra," the woman said.

"Okay, Ms. Dandra," I said.

I am worried to see my classmates but I want new friends. Maybe Alexis isn't for me. She cursed at me! Maybe I shouldn't care that much. Zoey, she's your only friend. I don't know what to say.

She tells me about her dog and her baby. But I really don't care. I think she got that by the time I wasn't focused. It was probably a good idea for her to change the subject and get my mind off of Alexis but I didn't care about anything else at the moment. Alexis was all I could think about.

That's when I looked around a corner and saw two men holding on to Alexis. One on each arm. At first she tried to yank away but I guess she realized that she couldn't so she stopped.

Ms. Dandra pulled me farther, faster, once she saw what I was looking at. Her hand grabbed tighter on mine, I couldn't escape.

Alexis' POV
I was just wandering around the school and hiding, when I saw a little girl on a bench. I walked over her to see why she was just sitting there. My mind was mad and a few words slipped.

It took some effort but when I finally got her off the bench I managed to get a little bit out of her but she still sounded afraid of me.

All I knew was that she had looked for her teacher this morning and mistakenly went to the wrong teacher and was yelled at and embarrassed by another boy.

She needed help into her classroom. It was her first day at school. She told me that she was 3 years old and that gave me an idea of which class she was in but there were other classes for that age.

The only option was to take her to the office but I wouldn't be able to go in there with her and she would have no clue what to do. I took her in to the janitor's closet and made sure that she actually wanted to go. I wanted to escape with her but with a 3 year old, that might be hard. How am I going to find someone else?