Lust and Love

I wake up with the morning sunlight in my eyes, throat dry and lips chapped from the decrease of humidity. Temperature must've dropped a lot last night, considering how the room itself was absolutely frigid.

Kicking off the blankets, I shiver as I casually fling a light cardigan over my long sleeve shirt. With my other hand, I  grasp the jacket that V had lent me the day before. I hope that he'd taken care of himself after getting drenched like that— it wouldn't be good for him if he didn't.

Grabbing a quick breakfast of double chocolate chip muffins that V had thankfully missed from the grocery trip, I anxiously run my fingers through my tangled hair a few times. The mirror in front of me shows a girl, her skin practically glowing from excitement and her multicolored eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Now I think I know why V reacts the way he does when he looks at me.

I look beautiful. It's really a miracle— somehow V had managed to transform me from a scarlet eyed, depressed girl to the one standing in front of me.

Trying to keep a smile from my lips, I rush out the door towards his. The cold floor reminds me that I'd forgotten to put shoes on due to my excitement— but I didn't even care at that point.

Who needed shoes, really?

Then three things happen that make my ecstatic mood go from up to down in the single step I take inside his doorway.

1. Why was it so cold?

2. It was as dark as night, when the sunlight should've been lighting up his house from the windows.

3. Was that someone on the ground?

My legs almost give out from underneath my body as I realize it's him. A million questions run through my mind as I quickly drop everything and focus on him and him only.

"V!" I exclaim as I notice that his clothes are the exact ones he wore last night— a white, waterlogged shirt and dark, undeniably soaked jeans. His lips were tinged blue from the chilling air, and his body trembled reflexively every few seconds. "Wake up!"

My mind goes blank before I flick myself hard in the center of my forehead. You need to focus right now, Chou Tzuyu. It is entirely your fault that this happened— how could you have left him stay in a shirt during that storm?!

Warmth. He needed to be warmed up right away, or he might as well continue his freezing to death. The only solution I can think of is to run to the nearest bathroom and crank the shower dial all the way to the left.

I make decisions faster than I'd ever made them before— and plan to worry later if one of them goes wrong.

"Tzuyu?"

I'm snapped out of my dazed trance as he spells my name out on his frozen lips. As if saying my name hurts him, he immediately throws his head back onto the floor, gasping roughly for breath.

His eyes narrow confusedly at the sound of the water running, and I quickly ask him if he could stand. It's obvious that it's near impossible for him to do that, but he does it anyway.

Slinging his arm around my shoulder and supporting his weight with my petite stature, I direct him towards the shower stall. The water should warm him up a bit— gosh, his skin was colder than ice.