Silence

After Jungkook had been called to attend his therapy session, I'd been left alone again in the cold, empty waiting room. I hadn't realized how distracting Jungkook's company had been— time had flown by while we were talking.

But now that he was gone— the seconds seemed to tick by even more slower than before.

"Tzuyu, wake up." The familiar, deep tone of the voice sends sparks shivering up my spine. I knew that voice. It belonged to him— V.

"Wake up," The voice repeats again, soft as a spring breeze but richer than velvet and silk combined together. Pleasure tickles my ears as something warm and gentle caresses my right shoulder.

"Wake up, Tzuyu."

"Wake up, miss." This voice was completely different from the beautiful one that she'd heard. This one was stiff, clipped. Like it was from someone that usually led a businesslike lifestyle, and didn't care about anything other than their jobs.

Yes.

This was not V.

When I look up, the doctor is there. His eyes are ringed with signs of exhaustion as he taps his feet impatiently on the tiles.

"Patient Kim Taehyung is alive— But has been muted."

With that one sentence, joy and horror both bubble up in the back of my throat. But the ecstasy that he was alive and breathing overwhelms me first, and I leap up to my feet.

"Can I see him?"

I don't even wait for his approval as I rush through the double doors, only to find nothing there except for the smell of blood and heavy medication. The bed where V is supposed to be on is empty, and my heart skips a beat.

"He has been transferred to another room. If you will please be patient, then I will take you to that room."

The doctor calls behind me, and I nod enthusiastically. I couldn't wait to see him. I couldn't wait to touch him.

It felt like eternity had passed since I last had the chance to look into his mesmerizing eyes.

When the doctor leads me to one of the many rooms lined on the corridor, I push through the door without a single pause of hesitation. I'd already waited enough— I was positive I would die if I had to for a minute longer.

And there he was, sitting with his back to me on the white bed, staring into the sunlight that bathed the room in an ethereal swath of golden and paradise. His dark brown hair flares up with a lighter fire, his outline ringed with pure light.

"V." Unable to take it any longer, I breathe out the single letter and rush to tackle him into an embrace. The scent of him is intoxicating as it washes over me like the waves in a sea, so powerful yet so fragrant.

Absolutely magical.

"I'm sorry," The moment his eyes land on my figure, I apologize, over and over and over again until my throat would tear from the sobs I was forcing back in. "I'm so, so sorry. If I had acted sooner— if I had been more brave.."

V puts a silent finger to his lips, which open in an instinctive attempt to speak. For a second, I imagine that he's alright after all. That maybe his voice was still there— it just needed to be restored a bit...

But then nothing comes out, and his face twists in frustration. When he tries again, the results come out the same— bringing hot tears to my eyes.

Instead, he reaches for a small notepad lying on the nightstand beside him. Tugging the small ballpoint free, he quickly scribbles down a message on the paper.

It's not your fault. Stop crying.

Even though the message had explicitly told me that I should keep my tears down to a minimum, the message is so V-like that I can't help but to. When red blurs my vision, I feel something warm pressing against the corners of my eyes.

His sleeves. Once he wipes away the red, he pulls my body into a tight embrace that forms heavy lumps in my throat. My tongue feels thick inside my mouth as I wrap my arms around his chest, burying the side of my face into the white clothing they changed him into.

Then softly clasping my jaw with two fingers, he brings his lips to mine. For a second I try to pull away, afraid that he'd faint. But to my surprise, he doesn't. He stays perfectly awake.

So I give in.

V is gentle with me, never putting any aggression into the kiss. Although I was positive he could be when he wanted to, he was being hesitant for my sake. So when he pulls away faster than I would've liked, I act first this time.

Burying my fingers into his caramel brown locks, I pull him forward— letting pleasure drown me when our lips meet again. He seems surprised at my sudden move, but I can feel his lips curve into a smile as I touch the silky strands of his hair— reveling at how soft and light it was.

And then I realize how atrocious I'm being, how aggressive my actions might've seemed.

Flushing a shade deeper and darker than my tears, I pull away with my palms pressed against my burning cheeks. We're both gasping for breath when I do, which makes the blush go all the way to the tips of my ears.

How far did I take that?

V smiles, right hand falling to rest on my shoulder. With the other, he pulls off another sheet from the notepad and starts scrawling new words that I'm not sure if I want to read.

When he hands the sheet to me, I drop the piece of paper in shock. "V!" I exclaim as a wider smile lights up his face, transforming his usual stoic, emotionless features into those of a child. "How could you?"

I didn't know you were such an amazing kisser, Tzuyu.