•°•chapter two•°•

Chloe's pov

The wind howls and whips at my long blonde hair, the strands getting lost in my already burning eyes.  My head throbs and my senses heighten with every whip the wind sends me. I haven't cried at all. Not once. Instead I silently weep in my mind, there's nothing to say and nothing to do really.

   I don't even bother trying to fight the wind as I look up at the grey sky, trying to find comfort in it's darkness.  The only thing I can think of is how this could of happened to me?

I was a good kid, at least that much I knew from my parents, who always told me how amazing I was. And as much as they said it, I didn't think it like them. I was just happy to he a near them. Straight A's were common, my bright smile as well as a helping hand could always be found wherever I was.

But where was my smile now?  Where did all my efforts go? as I watch with a broken heart,the newly placed soil around two new gravestone's.

My hazy memorys flicker untill they are gone, leaving me with a new sense of hurt. My mind trys to focus on something else like the thick air that smells like rain and damp soil.  I can feel the emotions bubbeling up inside of me, it isn't like anything I've ever felt before.  It makes my eye twitch and the soreness to my mind return. One emotion is so raw and powerful, it overcomes and dulls out any other sense.  It's anger.  Anger at the world. At my life. And at the lack of any happy memories that I try to dig up. The only thing that comes back is dread and loss.

My dull grey eyes move from the dark sky and towards the only people that wait around for me with pity in their greiving eyes. They wait patiently but I could still see Mr. Will out of the corner of my eye shuffling in place.  His eyes were red and the tears he didn't show left marks along his normally tanned face. This loss took a heavy toll on both the people they knew, me, and their fellow workers. How could both of them leave me like this?  They promised- they promised they would never leave me.. Never.

Mom and dad were agents of some kind, but that didn't matter. They were always there to tuck me in. Kiss me. Watch my favorite movies. I could recall that much as I nuged against my memory. No matter how hard I poke I still can only remember one raw clip. The day before I walked up to their graves. 

One minute I was sitting in my assigned seat, chatting about a very hard problem that almost everybody else was stuck on, and then I was called down to the office by the principal. He even came to get me. But when I reached him I could see the stricken panick in his bluish green eyes. I felt my heart drop even more as I saw the two police officers looking anywhere but at me from the darkening hallway corrider. It looked like the sky wanted to cry that day too. 

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't felt a tinge in my heart thirty minutes before. My heart beat had picked up before everything went black. And then I was gone. Not in a class room. But on a battle field. I didn't see much. Only two faces I recognized. Bloody and crying.

"Oh god.." I cry out while smearing my face into my hands so that they hold my face closed off. Mom and dad weren't weak. I had never seen them cry. Never. Ever. Ever. Just as my cry registers, the sky booms, causing me to hiccup once more. My red and blurry eyes move frantically from the sky towards the graves once more.

"Why..? " I cry out emotionally. I couldn't help it. Why. Why them?  Why. Why. why?

Before I can stop myself I fall to my knees, sobbing into my hands. The weight of the world finally hits me like somebody with a brick in their hands.  I crumple onto the ground earning a sob from somebody else.  I close my eyes as hard as I can- untill I can see little white stars appearing in the darkness. I want to scream- I want to do anything other than cry into my shivering honey colored hands as the clouds open and release their tears on me. Anything. Anything.  I didn't realize I was hitting myself untill I felt a pair of very strong hands pull my hands away from my throbbing head.  I huff finding the need for oxygen in my lungs more than anything else.  I didn't even notice that I was laying back first on the cold ground untill I look up into a pair of pain stricken blue eyes as well as another couple of scared eyes behind them. I inhale a large amount of air as I try to struggle out of his stone like grip.  His mouth moves but I cant hear. I cant even talk, all I can do is scream as hot tears slide down my pained face. The rain shot at my skin ,my already shivering body, slacking a bit.  I hiccup and choke on my own slavia before I'm pulled up with a frighting quickness. I gasp quickly as my vision fades before I feel a couple of strained but  hard blows to my upper back causing me to cough harshly as the man positions me into his arms,his knees also on the cold and now wet ground below us, before I hiccup one more time. I ignore the pain and everything else as I lay limpy in the man's large hands that are positioned to hold my stomach and upper back. I just let the rain bead down on me, the large man taking most of the beating from the angry sky.