•°•chapter four•°•

Chloe's pov

When my eyes opens the next day they land on the white ceiling first. I lay there unable to do anything else. I don't know how to get over the pain that rockets through my chest. I am once again engulfed with the same feeling as the second I saw the principle.  Dread. Fear. Maybe both.

Nobody woke me up, my curtains and door are both shut allowing the bright sun to be blocked out completely leaving me in the darkness. I'm not suprised, yesterday I layed in my room unable to touch the meals brought up to me.  I wasn't sleeping, instead my grey eyes stared into my moms blue ones and my dads light hazelnut colored ones. 

Currently I don't know what time it is.  I stretch my arms out wincing when my bones crack.  With a small sigh I throw the covers off of me and place my bare feet on the cold floor.  It isn't that cold in the room, making me assume it's night and the sun actually isn't out like I thought it was. 

Maybe the cool breeze will make me feel better.. With that thought I slip on a pair of  fluffy black sandals and head out of my room.  I let the door hang open just in case im caught.  I look down the hallway where a brown door is closed all the way.  Aunt Sarah and uncle will are probably sleeping right and I know for a fact that Ana is too.  Her snores could wake up a neighborhood. I hold back a small smile as I make my way down the hall and towards the steps.  I could probably be a good ninja. Or maybe an assassin..

I walk down the stairs slowly and make my way into the dark and quiet kitchen before unlocking the door and stepping out. A howling breeze almost Knocks me back into the door. I definitely wasn't expecting that.  I glance at the porch and notice a rocking chair attached to the structure holding up the porch.  I don't go to it, instsead I jump down the stairs and land on to the pathway leading up to a small brown mini van and a very black truck. It's most likely rons. It kinda looks like him actually. I hope I don't meet him out here. But why would I?  He should be asleep I think.  I lower my eyes and walk towards the vehicle before looking up at the night sky.

"Wow.. " I whisper with wide eyes.  Stars litter the very dark sky. It's amazing, I've never seen them so.. So powerful.  They twinkle just like the song says and a couple of airplanes fly above.

"I wonder what's up there. "I whisper to myself while I take a step closer to the car for comfort.

Ironhides pov

The short femme comes closer to my alt mode after staring into the distance. Her weird looking eyes are glazed over and red.  I want to bark at her to get away from me and go back into the warmth provided by the house, but will wouldn't exactly like the fact that A, I just showed a human my true form and B, I yelled at a child thst just lost both of her parents.

"I wonder what's up there.. " she suddenly wonders out loud.  I stiffen at her sudden words. Her voice is strained with emotions that I could comprehend and relate to. I feel guilt suddenly scratch at my form as I watch her back shift and her neck crain to look above her.

her small figure straightens up before sitting in front of my hood.  The soft wind blows her long blonde hair to the side as she nuzzles into her knees with a small sigh.  When she leans on me I scan her body heat.  Her tempature keeps up with the coldness of the night, as if she's already hot enough. 

"Mom. Dad.. I wonder if you're up there.. If you're one of those stars looking down on us. " her light voice hums.  Humans becoming stars?