::9::

Peter grabbed his phone from his pocket and checked the time. He had only been asleep for an hour. He grabbed some sweatpants and a long-sleeved grey tee shirt from his closet. Walking into the bathroom, he looked at his face. He had tear streaks all the way across from sleeping and his eyes were red and puffy. Splashing water onto his face, he instantly felt slightly better. He walked out of the bathroom and grabbed the framed picture of him, Ben, and May.

"I miss you guys. But I'll be okay," he told the picture. He set it back down and started playing a game on his phone, in order to distract himself. After the game ended, he put his phone on the charger and walked out of the room. Everyone was sitting in the living room, talking to Clint.

"When do you have to leave?" Vision asked him.

"Probably tonight. Laura needs me at the house. We are outnumbered by kids," he replied.

   "No," Wanda said, dragging out the word. Clint was a father figure to her, and she didn't want him to leave.

   "Sorry Maxi. Gotta go," he replied, ruffling her hair a little. She smiled at her nickname. "The Little ones need me."

"I'm the little one," she joked. He laughed.

"Yea you are. Very childish. Can't believe you're a superhero," he said. Peter knocked on the wall to let the group know that he had entered.

"Wassup Peter?" Bucky asked. Tony pat the seat next to him, scooting over so he, Pepper, and Peter could fit on the couch. He walked over and sat down. Everyone smiled at him, then continued a conversation. Tony elbowed Peter playfully.

   "You hungry? I was thinking we should call in a pizza," Tony told him.

   "That's a great idea," Peter replied, with a small smile. Tony turned to see his fiancée.

   "Hey Pep, can you see what type of pizza everyone wants?" He asked her. She nodded, and grabbed her phone, standing up.

   "What kind of pizza does everyone want?" She asked the group. They all thought then started yelling orders, but stopped when they saw Peter flinch. Pepper took charge.

"Raise your hand for pepperoni. Cheese. Combinations. Other," she said, and each time people raised their hands. She ordered those kinds of pizza and they all sat down, waiting for the food to arrive. They turned on the news, and the first thing that was on caught their attention.

"Where is Spider-Man?" one new channel said. They turned on another channel.

"Has our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man disappeared?" "Is Spider-Man hurt?" Every channel they turned on had something to do with the boy sitting in the room.

"You can go out whenever you feel ready. Just make sure you tell us first," Tony told him. Peter smiled.

"Thanks," he said. By the time the pizza came, everyone was starving. They all sat in the living room, eating pizza and talking about when their next mission would be. Clint called his wife to let her know that he would be going home the next day, and he looked so excited to be going home.

"We're gonna miss you Katniss," Nat said, causing Peter to to to laugh so hard he spit out his water. Everyone laughed with him. Pepper and Tony made eye contact and each had matching wide smiles painted on their faces. They were happy that Peter had finally started to look a little bit more like himself. After they ate, they looked at the time and saw that it was eleven at night. Peter took a deep breath.

"I think I'm going to go out," he said. Everyone nodded, knowing he meant as he alters ego.

"Stay safe," Tony said. Don't do anything I would do. And definitely, don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"Little grey area. That's where I operate," Peter finished, using his fingers to show a little space. "I know." He hopped up and ran to his bedroom, and grabbed his super suit, and swung out the window.

"I hope this will help him feel better," Pepper told Tony. They had just reached their bedroom, and they were changing into their pajamas.

"I hope it does too," he replied. They crawled in bed and started talking about their wedding.

"We still haven't decided on a date," she said. Tony thought.

"What about the end of July. Before Peter starts school," he said. Pepper yawned.

"Sounds good," she replied. She slid her arm around his waist and fell asleep. Tony stayed awake, not being able to sleep like most nights, but eventually, sleep found him.

As Peter was swinging around town, he made sure that as many people as possible saw him, so they would see that he was back. He saw a car speeding out of control and hopped in front of it, catching it in his hands. Setting it back on the ground, he waved at the shell shocked young couple inside, then ran off. He swung through the air, and felt the soft summer breeze, and smiled. It felt like it had been a hundred years since the last time he had done this. He stopped a robbery, three muggings, and a few other crimes, then swung off towards the Avenger compound. His home.

He opened his window and hopped inside, taking his mask off. He changed into sweatpants and a shirt, then grabbed his phone. Sitting on his bed, he checked his notifications but saw that nothing was super important. Then he heard a knock on his door.

"Come in!" He called, wondering who it could be. Natasha walked in and closed the door behind her. She hopped on his bed, flat on her stomach, and made eye contact with him.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, concern written all over her face.

"Better now that I went out," he answered honestly. She smiled.

"We are all here for you. Don't you dare forget that."

"I don't think I can." Natasha sat up, hugged him and gave him a kiss on his forehead. She stood up and started walking out, but not before looking back from the door.

"Auntie Nat is watching you. Don't forget," Peter smiled. When she left, he got up and brushed his teeth, then turned the lights off. He fell asleep smiling.
________________________________
Hey everyone! Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote! They help me stay motivated! Follow me!