::15::

A week before the wedding, everything was impossibly insane. Everybody was trying to stay calm for Pepper's sake because they knew how uptight she could get, and on top of that, she had been disappearing every once in a while, and nobody knew where she was going. Everyone was running around, picking up different things. Pepper's wedding dress and the girls' bridesmaid dresses were hung up in MJ's closet, so Tony couldn't see them, and everyone knew that he would snoop. Everyone went to bed one night exhausted. This wedding was really taking a toll on them.

The next morning, Peter's spider senses woke him up. He could tell that nobody was in danger, but that something was wrong. He got out of bed and looked at his alarm clock. It was 5:32 in the morning and the sun had just started to rise. He jumped out of bed and grabbed a pair of white socks, slipping them onto his feet. He tiptoed out of his room and looked around. The rising sun provided enough light for him to walk down the hallway. He reached the bathroom and saw that it was open. He passed it, then backtracked and looked in. He saw his mom sitting on the floor, gripping the toilet seat. She was throwing up last nights dinner.

   "Hey, mom, " Peter said, walking in. He knelt down beside her and pulled her hair back, rubbing her back. She was wearing one of Tony's AC/DC shirts and a pair of sweatpants. "Are you feeling sick?" he asked her as she finished and leaned back on her toes, sitting against the wall.

   "I'm alright, " she said. "It's probably just nerves."

   "Have you been feeling like this for a while?" Peter asked her. She thought about it for a second, then nodded. Peter, being a genius with one of the highest IQ's in his school, started thinking. She had been tired, moody, and didn't have much of an appetite. This just topped it off. "Mom?"

   "Yea sweetheart, " she said, still catching her breath.

   "Umm. Uh, " he stuttered. "Do you umm- maybe think umm- you could maybe possibly maybe be umm- pregnant?" he asked her. Her eyes opened wide. How had she missed this?

   "I haven't thought about that, " she told him. Peter hugged her. "I'm going to find out for sure. Can you keep it a secret until I know for sure?" She asked her son.

   "Definitely. I am not one for spoilers, " he replied. "Come on I'll make you some tea."
________________________________

   Once everybody was awake, they all sat on the couch, watching America's Got Talent. One of the acts was an archer who was shooting arrows without looking, with fire and all kinds of different things.

"Twenty bucks we can get Clint to try this, " Nat said, only half joking.

"Ten bucks says he will burn his hand, " Wanda said. Everyone laughed. They all went into the kitchen and poured bowls of their favorite cereals. They continued watching the show.

"Hey, Pepper, why aren't you eating anything?" Tony asked him soon to be wife.

"Oh I'm not hungry right now, " she replied.

"We ate before you guys woke up, " Peter lied. She gave him a grateful look.

"Alright then, " Tony told them, directing his attention to the TV show.
________________________________

"I'm going to the store! Does anybody need anything?" Pepper yelled. A few people yelled back, all asking for different things. She typed a list of things they needed into her phone and left, giving Peter and Tony kisses on their cheeks. Peter gave her a thumbs up and she smiled.

"I'm gonna walk around the Compound for a while, " Peter said, standing up. He walked down the long hallway and turned into another. There were pictures covering either side of the wall. Newspaper clips, modern pictures, old pictures, magazines covers, awards, and everything in between. Peter looked at the pictures and saw pictures of people he had never met. He saw magazine covers of when Tony was in college, and he was on the front. He found pictures of Wanda with a boy with very light colored hair. Newspaper clippings of Captain America from the forties and currently.  Framed pictures of Maria and Howard Stark. A newspaper of a woman named Margaret 'Peggy' Carter. Peter looked at all of the pictures. He recognized some of them and even saw a couple he had taken with his camera.

   "My camera!" he exclaimed, slapping his forehead. How could he have forgotten his camera? He knew it sat in his bedroom somewhere. He had grabbed it when he had gone to his old apartment. He ran to his bedroom and walked in. He cleaned the dirty and clean clothes up off the floor and organized his desk, trying to find it. He looked under his bed and saw it. He let out a sigh of relief as he grabbed it. He turned it on, happy the batteries were not dead. He looked at the old pictures he had taken. Selfies of him and May, pictures of him and his friends, even pictures of him and his dad. Pictures he had taken on patrol. He decided that he would take the week off of patrol unless he was really needed, so he wouldn't have any bruises or cuts during the wedding. Peter let a few tears slip and the pictures of him and his aunt. He missed her so much, but he had accepted the fact that she was with Ben and happy.

   He looks at a silly picture he and Nat had taken and went to show her. As he was walking, an arm grabbed him and pulled him into another room. It was Pepper. She looked to make sure nobody else was out there, then looked at Peter.

   "Oh my God. Okay. I took three tests they all said positive, " she informed her son. He smiled, even though she seemed nervous.

   "This is good news mom, " he said. "I know that you are nervous but dad want's kids. You know that. You guys adopted me without a second thought, and I am so thankful for it." he said in an attempt to calm her down.

   "I love you so much Peter, " she said, hugging her son. He smiled into her shoulder.

   "I love you too mom!" he exclaimed. "I won't tell anyone. Don't worry."
________________________________
Check out my new story, Against All Odds