::10::

"Happy birthday Steve!" Everyone yelled on July fourth. He smiled as he blew out his candles. Everyone cheered and Bucky kissed his cheek. Bruce hit a button and one of the candles set off a firework. Good thing they were outside. The Sky was about to get dark and everyone sat by the pool in their swimsuits so they could see the fireworks. Clint and his family had joined, as well as Scott and his daughter. The kids' little kids were running around playing tag, and the others were sitting around talking.

"Happy birthday Uncle Steve," Peter and Wanda said, pulling chairs out beside him. He was talking with Bucky, Sam, and Rhodey, and they all stopped to say hi to the youngest Avengers.

"Thanks, guys," he said with a big smile across his face. Peter and Wanda had taken to calling the group Aunt and Uncles, as well as, Wanda calling Clint dad, and Peter even sometimes called Pepper and Tony mom and dad. It was rare, but he did. They all talked and laughed, then Tony and Pepper decided to tell everyone something.

"Alright, everyone!" Tony yelled, standing on a table. "Not to take any attention from Stevie and his birthday, but Pepper and I decided on a wedding date!"

"Tony get down from there!" Pepper called. "We decided on July 30th!"

"That's really soon," Sam said.

"Yes I know it's soon. We wanted to get it over with so I would have less time to worry about it!" Pepper called back. Tony hopped down from the table and everyone went back to what they were doing. Peter walked over to Pepper and Tony and hugged them.

"This is going to be so much fun," Peter said, smiling at his parents.

"Peter. I was wondering if you wanted to be one of my best men?" Tony asked hopefully. Peter smiled even wider.

"Definitely Dad," he replied. Pepper smiled. They watched the rest of the fireworks, then lit their own. They ran around with sparkler and Peter couldn't remember the last time he had had this much fun. They all brought blankets, pillows, and sleeping bags outside so they could have a big sleepover. The makeshift family fell asleep one by one, staring at the stars.
________________________________
When everyone woke up, they saw that they couldn't sit up.

"Wanda! Peter!" Multiple people shouted. The youngest Avengers both laughed. They had used Peters webs to create a sort of tent around the group so they couldn't get up. Everyone started laughing, and Wanda snapped her fingers. Just like that, their prank disappeared.

"Haha. Very funny," Tony said, but he looked like he wanted to laugh. Pepper and Laura walked into the kitchen to start making waffles for the group, and the rest of them brought all of the blankets, pillows, and trash inside. They cleaned everything up and walked back outside. They all sat in a circle and ate their breakfast. Everyone seemed so happy, and Scott and Clint didn't have to leave until later that day, so they could hang out for a little longer. Everyone put on clothes that didn't have huge American Flags on them and get back outside. Out of nowhere, Thor flashed in.

"Happy Birthday Captain," he said as if he hadn't just startled every person, enhanced or not in the vicinity.

"Thor. You're late," Bucky said, holding his heart with his metal arm. The other hand ran through his newly cut hair.

"Did he almost give you a heart attack old man," Sam asked, making Steve snort.

"Thank you, Thor," he said, trying to stifle a laugh. Everyone laughed and Peter picked Nathaniel up and put him on his shoulders so he could see what was happening. Then a call came in on the TV. Everyone walked in and Tony clicked a few hidden buttons on the remote. Nick Fury appeared on the screen. Everyone looked at each other, curiosity show.

"Hello everyone," Fury said. "I have a report for you."

"What's going on?" Steve asked.

"Captain. Happy birthday," he said. "I have a mission for you all, and if you are up for it, you will be needed in Wakanda next week."

"What's the mission?" Clint asked, braiding his daughter's hair.

"They captured a serial killer over there and it's going to take multiple of you to interrogate and bring him down," he explained.

"Definitely," Nat said, eager to finally have an important mission.

"Excellent. They will need to in Wakanda in exactly a week from today," he said.

"Great. Bye," Tony said, then hung up on the director of SHIELD.

"Okay, so who is going to go on this mission?" He asked, then gave Pepper a pleading look. She thought about it, then nodded.

"Alright you can go," she said, and Tony jumped up with excitement, "but it has to be wrapped up within four days. I am NOT planning this wedding on my own."

"Completely fair," he said. "So raise your hand if you want to go." Steve, Wanda, Bucky, Nat, Thor, Peter, and Vision raised their hands. "Peter," he said, dragging out his name.

"Come on please let me go," he begged. Tony and Pepper looked at each other as if they were having a conversation only they could hear. She nodded and Tony turned to look at Peter once again.

"Okay but absolutely no disobeying or disappearing," he told him. Peter punched the air.

"Thanks," he said, with a big grin.
________________________________
Comment
Vote
Follow me
Read my other stories