Chapter 5

I am forced to go with both Leta and Theseus to the ministry of magic yet again the next day. Travers greets us when we arrive with another group of aurors, "good morning, sir" Theseus greets respectfully. He doesn't smile he just turns his attention to me "I have decided that due to the lack of trust I have for you, you will accompany us on a very important trip." He says. Without warning he pulls out his wand and waves in my direction, a coil of rope springs out and wraps itself tightly around my wrists, so they are now tied together. I glare at him "that seems a tad unnecessary" I comment.

Leta takes my shoulder as the group apparates, we land on a bridge outside a grand looking castle. "Welcome to Hogwarts" travis calls to me, I stare at the building, my mouth hanging open in amazement. I've read about it in a few books but the actual thing is astounding. 

I glance back at Leta, she looks upset and nervous, as if being confronted with a place she spent 7 years at brings back bad memories. An auror drags me along, I roll my eyes, what are they expecting me to do? We make our way through the corridors until we are met by a stern looking woman who eyes us with a look of disbelief "what exactly are you doing here?" She demands, travers doesn't stop instead the group pushes past her "ministry business" He calls out, uncaringly.

We make our way up some stairs and then we burst into a classroom "This school, you have no right" the woman shouts. Travers stands in the door way glancing round the classroom which  currently occupies a class "I an the head of the Law Enforcement Division of the Ministry of Magic, I go wherever I see right to do so." He states. He fixes his gaze on Dumbledore "Leave" he demands.

The students look nervously at their teacher for what to do next "Please go with Professor McGonagall." He says, seemingly undeterred. The class file out reluctantly, however one boy remains He's the best teacher we've got" He states sounding annoyed. Dumbledore smiles "Thank you, McClaggan." He calls, travers seems less amuses "Get Out." He spits. The woman 'McGonagall' indicates for him "come on McClaggan." She then notices me "what about you dear?" She asks kindly. Travers spins around "no, the girl remains here" He orders.

He then returns his attention to Dumbledore "Newt Scamander has gone to Paris" travis states.
Dumbledore smiles slightly "really" travers doesn't seem as amused "cut the pretence, I know he's there in your orders" he snaps. Dumbledore hums "if you'd have ever had the pleasure to teach him you'd know that newt is not a great follower of orders" he says.

Travers realises that this isn't the angle to take "You know about Predictions of Tycho Dodonus" he asks, he throws a book that Dumbledore catches "yes a long time ago" he says flicking through the pages. "A son of a cruelly banished, despair of the daughter-" Dumbledore interrupts him "yes I know"

Travers glances at me "Rumors of this prediction says it is linked to the obscurial. They say that Grindelwald will follow" He is interrupted again "as a high born henchman, I've heard the rumours" Dumbledore says. "But, wherever he is. Scamander will follow, to protect it. Meanwhile, you build your network itself in an international context." Travers states. Dumbledore shake his head "I know, you're watching me and my friends ..for fear that we will fight you, Travers but we won't because our goal is actually the same, namely against Grindelwald." He glances at me for the first time "But I warn you, your steps are too repressive and violent. You are pushing supporters into his arm." He says

Travers then turns to me and smiles coldly "have you heard the rumours about her" there is silence "a girl who is lighter than air, a oddity was able to calm an obscurial down. Yet she showed another side after he was supposedly killed, she almost collapsed an Underground Railway station. Apparently Grindelwald searches for her as well" he says. I feel anger pulse through my veins, I stare directly at Dumbledore and he stares back. He pulls out his wand "though before we go any further..." he points his wand and my bindings fall free to the floor, I smile softly "thank you sir"

Travers sighs "I have no interest in your warnings" he snaps, he looks deeply uncomfortable "it plains me to say this because I don't like you, But... you are the only wizard that is his his equal, I want you to fight him." He says. Dumbledore shakes his head I cannot" he responds regretfully. Travers looks annoyed Is it because of this?" He casts an image of a young grindlewald and Dumbledore "You and Grindelwald were like brothers." He says, Dumbledore looks at the image with a pained expression "We were much more closer than brothers." He states.

Travers has had enough "will you fight him?" He seethes. Dumbledore no longer looks as strong "I can't" He says, his voice breaking in sadness. Travers backs away confidently "then you have chosen your side" he pulls out his wand and two cuffs appear on Dumbledore wrists, he looks at each of them in a mixture of disbelief and betrayal "these will monitor every spell you use, I'm doubling the watch in you and you can no longer teach defence against the dark arts". Dumbledore leans in his desk for support, travers pays no attention to him and marches over to Theseus "where's Leta, we need to go to Paris" he says. I frown "well can I go home now, there's no need for me to travel to Paris as well" I inquire. He smiles "no, you are to be used as bait. See if we can't lure grindlewald out of his hideout" he says. I shake my head "I don't wanna be used to defeat Grindelwald, I wanna stay here" I counter. He leans closer "I don't remember asking how you felt" then he pulls me along with him out of the room.