two.

Song of the chapter: Can't Hold Us by Macklemore Ft

Song of the chapter: Can't Hold Us by Macklemore Ft. Ray Dalton

"Wow, this was definitely worth it." I glance around, watching our small reflections in the water below. Kim smiles and reaches into her bag, pulling a speaker out and turning it on. She plays music on it through her phone, and I recognize the song. I faintly sing along and she gestures to the water.

"You should jump in." She shrugs, crossing her arms.

"Are you crazy? What if there's a rock under the water and I die?" I laugh.

"Oh come on, I've done this tons of times. The water is kinda cold at first, but it's really refreshing. Plus I brought two towels since I knew you weren't planning on bringing one." She pulls out the towels and runs off to set them down near the spot she says she normally climbs out at.

"Are you sure?" I ask, glancing down at the water again. My reflection is begging me to jump in.

"Yes, Ollie. I'm sure. I'll be right back, if you're not in the damn water by the time I get back I'm shoving you in, clothes or no clothes." I laugh as she wanders off, finally giving in to the urge. I swiftly pull off my grey sweater, my leggings, my socks, and my shoes, leaving me in my undergarments. I stare down at the water, listening to the song playing from Kim's speaker.

Taking a deep breath, the adrenaline pushes me to shove off of the cliff.

I watch as the surface of the water gets closer, the slight breeze blowing through my hair as a small shuffling noise from the cliff hits my ears and the water comes into contact with my face. Once my body is fully submerged, I open my eyes and search the blue atmosphere. Well I'm definitely not dead. The water feels good against my skin, my stress and worries washing away. I bring my hands forward swimming through the water towards the spot Kim said is easiest to climb out of the water.

    My head rises above the surface and I hear yelling. I climb up out of the water and head towards the towels, recognizing the voice.

    "Olivia!" I grab my towel and watch as Jason rips his jacket off, then goes for his shirt. "Olivia! Okay, okay..." He pulls his shirt up, and I clear my throat, watching as he jumps slightly and releases the hem of his shirt.

    "Are you stalking me now, Scott?" I ask, wrapping the blue towel around my body.

    "W... What did you say?" He asks, breathing heavily. I chuckle.

    "I said, are you stalking me now?" He takes a deep breath and relaxes, glancing at me with a mix of emotions in his eyes.

"No, I, uh... I heard the music and I saw you jump in, then you didn't come back up and I-"

    "What are you doing up here in the gold mines?" I ask. He shoves his hands in his pockets.

    "I could ask you the same thing." I nod. "Billy asked me to drop him off."