C:5

The next few moments I want to share with you are from the next year, my Junior year. 

Yes, our first date was fun, but to be honest, it wasn't much of a story, it was kinda stereotypical. Time existed, as we went out to stargaze on his rooftop a few times, we watched a ton of Disney movies and went out for ice cream in that time but nothing huge that I want to share specifically. 

Now, every couple has to have their downfall at some point, because what story is just happy forever? That's no fun! You gotta add that spicy drama in there. 

In my Junior year, during one of the last few days of school, Tao approached me and asked if I'd consider traveling with him to New York for a few days when the summer started to see the C:5 concert and hang in the city. It was 6 hours from our home in Virginia so I agreed after checking with my parents. The concert was a few weeks later.

When we got to the concert location, we found our seats, pretty good ones too. We marveled at the large venue until the lights dimmed and the performers stepped onstage. They said their introduction and I clapped and cheered along with the crowd. Tao looked overly happy to see the group onstage. They performed a few songs and we sang along to the lyrics. Tao had a crazy good voice and I often quieted down to hear his voice ringing in my ears. As the concert went on, my face kept burning as Tao watched me fangirling over the C:5 members. 

He seemed happy but I could tell he was going to a be little bit upset if I wouldn't stop talking about it later. I respected him enough that the band members always came after. He was the priority as my boyfriend and it would not be fair to give up the people who mattered most for people who had so many fans that I'd never be known.

After the concert ended, I followed Tao toward the door. He suddenly took a sharp turn and started jogging down a corridor. I followed him, running to catch up with the tall figure in ripped black jeans and a black and red hoodie. His boots made loud sounds on the metal floor as he slowed down his pace when we reached a backstage platform. 

I grabbed his hand at the door. "Tao, where are we going? What are you doing?" I panted. 

He looked back at me with a smirk, "Trust me, you'll love this" he said turning and knocking loudly on the door. I looked up to his Panda who was jumping around with excitement. It looked at me and gave a thumbs up and a wink. I smiled a little and looked back at the door which had opened a crack. An eye peeked through and a voice asked "Who is it?" 

Tao laughed, "It's Z.Tao, the one and only." The door opened a little wider and the face of Bai Huojin, C:5's leader, poked out. 

"Yo! It is Tao! What up man?" The door opened all the way and I squeaked as some of the C:5 members looked up from what they were doing to see who was at the door. 

Tao looked back at me and smiled, his Panda looking at me for a response. I smiled back and Tao turned to Houjin. "Not much, just wanted to visit my BFF's while they're here in NYC!" 

Huojin smirked, "and it looks like you brought your Meiying" 

I gasped... they knew who I was! 

Tao nodded, "Can we come in?" 

Huojin smiled widely, "Of course! Make yourself at home!"

Following Tao into the room, I noticed some members hanging out there.

 Xia Guangli, the oldest member and lead dancer was standing by the counter, arranging some makeup for the group and looked up when I noticed him, giving me a smile. 

Cheng Donghai, a rapper and the visual of the group was near the back of the room, watching a replay of one of their past performances on his phone. I could really tell he was the visual as he looked extremely handsome, even when he was being antisocial. 

Kao Junjie, the main vocalist and face of the group was laying on the couch, reading a book. He also looked up as I stepped into the room. His eyes went to the necklace I was wearing, the one Tao had given me for my birthday that year. I stuck behind Tao as he walked over to one of the table that had been set up for the members while they were staying there. He was talking to Huojin about something in Chinese but I sat down next to them, pulling up a chair to Tao's side. 

I heard the door open and I turned around to watch the group's youngest member, the main rapper, walk into the room. Huang Jianyu, my favourite member. I held my breath for a second, taking in the fact that I was actually in the same room as him.

As I let out the breath slowly, He said something to Junjie, who nodded in my direction. Jianyu turned to face me and we locked eyes. I was already mesmerised by his gaze. He smiled at me and came over to sit at the table with us. He nodded at Huojin as to announce his presence and turned to me. 

He spoke, starting to say something in Chinese but quickly correcting himself to English after remembering who Junjie said I was. "Sorry," he laughed, "I'm so used to Chinese now, its automatic." 

I laughed, "Don't worry about it, Tao randomly starts conversations in Chinese too sometimes. Your English is really good!" 

He blushed, "Thank you, I spent a few years in the UK and I learned a ton of English there." 

I already knew this due to my fangirling but I didn't want to be rude. "That's really cool" I nodded, "by the way, I'm (y/n) or as Tao calls me, Meiying" 

I held out my hand and he shook it, "I'm Jianyu, but you probably already knew that." 

I nodded and laughed, "You must have known who I was too." He cocked his head, "Well, only sort of. Tao tells us all about you but I'd never seen a picture of you so Junjie told me when I arrived."

I hummed in agreement and glanced over to Junjie who was watching Jianyu and I talk. He gave me a shy smile and then looked at Tao who was still talking to Huojin. He marked his place in the book and put it down on the table. Coming over, he joined our conversation and the three of us talked about random subjects, Jianyu sometimes having to translate for Junjie, who was not yet perfectly fluent in English. 

I learned a lot about the atmosphere in China versus in the US and then when Tao and Huojin joined us in conversation, I learned more about Tao's career as a dancer for C:5. He acted in a lot of their MV's doing stunts and other odd jobs. C:5's company had allowed him to help out since the group had friends since they were very small. Tao had trained to be an artist next to the group and he admitted that he might like to become an artist later in life.

As the afternoon passed, I spent a lot of time with Jianyu. He was still definitely my favourite member and he was actually so sweet. I also got to know the other two members that joined our table later and they all confirmed my dreams of how it would be like to meet each one. 

When C:5's manager came into the room to plan the next days events, Tao and I left and headed back towards our hotel. Tao was a little quieter than normal but he got like that when he was tired so I wasn't worried. 

------------------------------------------

A/N - The picture shows the closest to what I imagine each character to look like. 3 of the pictures are Chinese Kpop idols and the other two are Chinese idols. Bonus points to anyone who knows who they are!