twenty-one: join me, out of your shell

"Hi."

"...hi."

It was a little after 6 p.m. now, and Yoongi was standing at Jimin's doorstep carrying way more stuff than Jimin had been expecting. Not only that, but the mint-haired boy appeared a bit too excited about this. He had on a big smile, eyebrows raised and seemingly fixed in a position that said, c'mon, let me in and let's get started already.

So Jimin took one tentative step to the side, allowing Yoongi to enter the house. And he quietly closed the door behind him.

"Jimin, this is gonna be great, I brought over some of my favorite outfits, you're gonna love 'em—where's your room?"

Clearing his throat, Jimin stepped past Yoongi, leading the boy over to the staircase, then up those stairs, and a little ways down the hall. Then he slowly turned the knob and pushed open the door to his room.

Yoongi made no hesitation to walk over to the bed and drop everything he had been carrying with him. And if Yoongi had lived any farther away than he did, Jimin might have called him both crazy and an idiot for taking so much. But instead, Jimin just stared at it for a while. And Yoongi stared at him.

"You ready?"

Jimin, shyly, looked away from Yoongi's bright expression. "Why do you look so excited..?"

The mint-haired boy sighed with minor disappointment. "Oh, lighten up, Jimin," he said. "This is supposed to be fun. And I am excited. Jungkook's never agreed to anything like this. He might be gay, but in terms of style he's your typical 'famous sports brand' kind of guy. But that doesn't seem like you at all."

"How would you know??"

"Because I'm not like that. And you're a lot like me."

Not satisfied with that response, Jimin pouted and shifted his gaze to the side, a little frustrated that Yoongi could see through him so well without even trying. Then again, by this point he was used to it.

"So are you ready for your makeover?"

He couldn't bring himself to say no now. So with a casual nod from Jimin, it began.

And it began with Yoongi first removing from his bags all the clothing items and accessories he had brought. Sweaters, pastel shirts with cute designs, jeans, jackets, even beanies and a beret.

"Holy crap, there's so much here..."

"I got carried away." The boy offered an innocent shrug, then proceeded to carefully observe everything he had set out, eyes sweeping over each individual item, and he hummed thoughtfully. "I think..." He picked up a soft white cotton shirt. "This, I usually wear with..." He picked up an open-front, dandelion-yellow sweater with buttons down the left side. "...this. And most jeans should go with it. Faded or dark blue?"

Jimin tensed up upon realizing Yoongi was looking at him again, waiting for an answer. "U-uhm, I guess...faded?"

"Faded it is."

To finish off the selection, Yoongi took one of his beanies, cream in color, between his fingers and added it to the clothes he now had in his arms. And with a smile on his face he handed them over to Jimin.

"All yours. Ah, well-" He paused. "-not to keep. Just to try. But you knew that."

"Right."

It was a bit much to process. Even just thinking about wearing these. Again, he didn't hate the idea, not in the slightest, it's just that there were a few things that made this situation embarrassing to him.